Sponsored

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

How important is color in your vehicle choice?

• Total voters
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2004 Ford Ranger XLT
I'm shopping for my Jeep and one of the things that always comes up is color. You always see Black, White, Silver, and Grey as the most common options, with a lot less of the fun colors. Now I'm searching for a used vehicle so this applies more to a used vehicle where you can't just pick your desired color. Though I suppose it applies to new where maybe the color it totally out of stock(RIP Mojito). I'm curious what you all think about color selection: if the Jeep you're looking at has all the right choices, but the color isn't necessarily on your list, do you go for it?

For example: I was on the lookout for something fun, but I'm open, and found a Jeep I'm interested in that is Granite. While it's not my first choice, the price is right and it has all the features I'm interested in. Plus there is nothing a quick wrap or some decals can't change for a splash of color!

So what say you JL nation, how important is color to your vehicle selection?
Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
"Hell no" is exaggerated, and I would happily pay more for my first color of choice.
If you were not to buy a vehicle if not available in you preferred color, then you are not attracted enough to that particular vehicle imo ;)

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
go to one of the many dealerships mentioned on here to get the under invoice pricing. special order a jeep exactly like you want it. no need to worry about what colors or options available jeeps have, they build new ones everyday.

OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Hell no" is exaggerated, and I would happily pay more for my first color of choice.
If you were not to buy a vehicle if not available in you preferred color, then you are not attracted enough to that particular vehicle imo ;)
Haha that's fair. I just meant even with the features you would pass on it because of the color. Not that you would totally pass on what you're looking for!. More just waiting for the right color to come along, or settling for your second favorite.

And like I said, it's more for those who are shopping used than those who are looking to buy new. Personally I'm looking used because of the immediate value loss after driving a new vehicle off the lot(which I will admit, is mitigated a bit by invoice pricing). Sure I get the features I'm looking for, but I'm paying a premium for it(which nothing wrong with that if you can't find something that suits your needs).

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think if you are shopping for a Prius, color don’t really matter.

But for a Wrangler, color choice is key!

700r

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella JLUR
i was going to get a JT but they didnt have the color i wanted so i went with a JL... you cant really loose either way. besides as long as the JLUR is i dont know if the JTR would have fit in my garage.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
When planning the purchase of my ‘19 JLUR, the color/options were quite important. Ordering my JL afforded me what I wanted.

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
Currently waiting for Sarge to become available before I order mine, so very important.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
This is not just an everyday ride.. Can you live with it for the right price or even when buying used? Sure, but when I finally decided on a NEW JL I did not even entertain other colors other than what I wanted. I'm sure to some it is no big deal but I expect to have this a very long time and have to live with it. I don't want something I look at and say I wish I got the color I wanted.

So I really think there are some variables especially new/used, cost and planned length of ownership.

Good luck most of all!!

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Great question, imho Color is everything #1

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Color was important enough to me to get a great deal on one I could live with but then get it custom wrapped! Now it’s exactly the color I want!

View attachment 262781

OP
OP
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Color was important enough to me to get a great deal on one I could live with but then get it custom wrapped! Now it’s exactly the color I want!

View attachment 262781
I was actually reading your build log before I signed up. It looks awesome, and that's absolutely a viable option. Brother's have been telling me the same thing :p

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I was actually reading your build log before I signed up. It looks awesome, and that's absolutely a viable option. Brother's have been telling me the same thing :p
If that's an option, go for it:like:
Sponsored