Sponsored

How important are heated seats to you?

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I have an auto but usually rest my right hand on the shifter anyways cause it's a comfy, ergonomic spot, and more than once I've wished it was heated itself.

Or at least a little vent in front of it to warm my hand.

And no I don't care if that makes me a pansy.
You can get heated arm rests in top of line mercedes. Jeeps not G Wagons
Sponsored

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
I love a heated seat, but my main gripe is no power adjustment or lumbar, 50k + vehicle and seat is manual, WTF. If I get fed up I'll switch to a Scheelmann and be done with it. That said, I do like the stock seat and heat is a must and helps with my back that's temperamental. Infinite adjustments to make it "just right" is ideal. My 2002 Benz C320 has a power seat yet they couldn't steal that tech to any degree; come on man!

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
I love a heated seat, but my main gripe is no power adjustment or lumbar, 50k + vehicle and seat is manual, WTF. If I get fed up I'll switch to a Scheelmann and be done with it. That said, I do like the stock seat and heat is a must and helps with my back that's temperamental. Infinite adjustments to make it "just right" is ideal. My 2002 Benz C320 has a power seat yet they couldn't steal that tech to any degree; come on man!
I think the issue is that jeeps are meant to get wet so you can't have power seats or it might be prohibitively expensive to water proof electric motors.

I do think though that they should offer a more luxury trim for those of us that are buying mall crawlers. I won't be doing any river crossings in my 392 and would have liked power seats, steering column, etc. However, those aren't make or break things for me.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
I think the issue is that jeeps are meant to get wet so you can't have power seats or it might be prohibitively expensive to water proof electric motors.

I do think though that they should offer a more luxury trim for those of us that are buying mall crawlers. I won't be doing any river crossings in my 392 and would have liked power seats, steering column, etc. However, those aren't make or break things for me.
Agreed on a soft top, or at least to be able to withstand some rain, but the lack of them and then to see such killer seats in a Grand Cherokee for example is frustrating. Honestly though my back like some cushion and the stock seat has some and isn't bad, unlike my stock seat in the Lexus GX460 and other leather seats that look nice but have none and then feel like a picnic table after a few hours. I added a ROHO air cushion and I was golden; $100 off Amazon but the best $100 I spent. The Scheelmann seats were my ultimate goal on that build but I git tired of 11mpg and wanted a diesel, so here I am. I'd still consider them for the future, they're no joke and adjustable in every way you could imagine

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
Iā€™m in the Charlotte NC area. No heated seats for me.
I don't know about you, but Iā€™ve been to Charlotte a couple times this past year doing some work with the Hornets and I must be bringing down the cold air because itā€™s been in 40s and rainy the last 2 times. At least thatā€™s what they told me I didā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.lol!!!!

Sponsored

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
Agreed on a soft top, or at least to be able to withstand some rain, but the lack of them and then to see such killer seats in a Grand Cherokee for example is frustrating. Honestly though my back like some cushion and the stock seat has some and isn't bad, unlike my stock seat in the Lexus GX460 and other leather seats that look nice but have none and then feel like a picnic table after a few hours. I added a ROHO air cushion and I was golden; $100 off Amazon but the best $100 I spent. The Scheelmann seats were my ultimate goal on that build but I git tired of 11mpg and wanted a diesel, so here I am. I'd still consider them for the future, they're no joke and adjustable in every way you could imagine
Yeah. I'm in a loaded Grand Cherokee with all the bells and whistles and pretty surprised at how much I am giving up to get into a 392. However, when I look at it, most are nice to haves but not really something I use all the time. As long as I have my heated seats and steering wheel, I am good. The multiway power seats would be nice but not a deal breaker. Same with electronic steering column adjustments.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Jeepā€™s are intended to get the floor wet inside. I believe that is why the manufacturer doesnā€™t have power seats. It should be an option though on upper trim models at least.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

I do think though that they should offer a more luxury trim for those of us that are buying mall crawlers.
Correct. This is why the leather interior option on a Wrangler (which addresses your luxury trim concerns) remains a curious choice.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Correct. This is why the leather interior option on a Wrangler (which addresses your luxury trim concerns) remains a curious choice.
You just wipe leather seats off and they are dry. Youā€™re driving home with a wet butt in cloth seats.

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
Just saw where most GM trucks and SUVs are losing heated seats and steering wheels all the way through 2022. šŸ‘€

If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.

Canā€™t believe how bad/weird this chip shortage has gotten.
Starting the week of November 15, most GM SUVs and pickups will lose their heated and ventilated seats. This includes the Chevrolet Silverado (pictured), Traverse (except the High Country model), Blazer, and Equinox, and the GMC Sierra, Acadia (except the Denali), Canyon, and Terrain. Automotive Newsreported, relying on a GM letter to dealers, that this change is going to last throughout the 2022 model year. Heated steering wheels are on their way out, too, starting later in November, the paper reported. Customers will get a credit of $150 to $500 to help make up for the loss.
This would be a deal breaker for me.

Sponsored

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I use my Seat Heaters all year round when my back is sore. I use the Heated steering wheel in the middle of summer if my joints are sore and Advil / Aleve is not running through my veins.

So, yeah, they would be a deal breaker with this being my DD. If it were a 3rd vehicle for fun, I'd possibly be able to cope. Hell, coming from a WK2 Limited, my kids were pissed that the back seats lost the seat heaters!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Heated seats for sure, but It would be awesome of they had those suspension frames like they had in the old monteros. The bolts could be popping off the car down a washboard road, but you'd not feel a thing.
I also don't really get why Jeep could not offer power seats. I mean.. If the water has gone up to the seats, you've likely got bigger problems to worry about.
All in all, the wrangler seats are not that bad. I think the back rest adjustment is too course, but other than that, they are "ok".

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I added aftermarket ones and now I canā€™t go back. I have a bad back and they really help with comfort while driving.
This. You donā€™t know what you donā€™t know! Once youā€™ve had them, thereā€™s no going back. Youā€™ll add them to every new car.

Like a HUD. My past corvettes, m4 and now my BMW supra all had/have one. When I get in the Jeep, I have no idea what is going on!

CCWillys

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC, JLU Willys on the way
Drove my jeep 5 hours yesterday round trip, the heated seats and steering wheel were glorious!

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I didn't realize how much I love them until I had them. I definitely would have left them off my Jeep if I had custom ordered, but I found this one on a lot, and it had them. Now I don't think that I can go without. Getting old kinda sucks...
Sponsored