How important are heated seats to you?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've attempted the "turn the seat heat on when she's not looking game" with the Missus when we're in her Honda. The problem is two-fold:

1. The 3-bar red LEDs on the relevant buttons glow just brightly enough to eventually get one's attention.
2. Even if #1 didn't occur, the cloth seats warm up quickly enough that the attempt to fool the passenger is rarely successful.

I did get away with it once, when the seat's heating (which I had surreptitiously set to High) automatically timed out, per its standard programming. Her subconscious noticed the seat cooling down -- but not originally warming up -- which prompted a comment. It's funny how these things play out.
Sponsored

SilverBug86

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered my JLUR bare bones. More convenience/tech, greater chance of failure and causing headaches down the road. I always turned off heated seats and steering wheel. If my hands are cold, I'll just aim the vents at them. Only thing I wish Jeep offered is automatic windshield wipers.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I like my heated seats a lot.

Not a requirement, but definitely a nice to have that extends the timeline for having the top open/off.

As it gets colder, I am constantly reminded that while the heating steering wheel is nice, the cold 6MT shift knob is a bit jarring when my hands have gotten used to the warmth. Kind of an oversight in the cold weather group.

That said, we’ve solidly moved into the territory of first world problems, especially for a Jeep.
I have an auto but usually rest my right hand on the shifter anyways cause it's a comfy, ergonomic spot, and more than once I've wished it was heated itself.

Or at least a little vent in front of it to warm my hand.

And no I don't care if that makes me a pansy.

Sponsored

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw where most GM trucks and SUVs are losing heated seats and steering wheels all the way through 2022. đź‘€

If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.

Can’t believe how bad/weird this chip shortage has gotten.
Starting the week of November 15, most GM SUVs and pickups will lose their heated and ventilated seats. This includes the Chevrolet Silverado (pictured), Traverse (except the High Country model), Blazer, and Equinox, and the GMC Sierra, Acadia (except the Denali), Canyon, and Terrain. Automotive Newsreported, relying on a GM letter to dealers, that this change is going to last throughout the 2022 model year. Heated steering wheels are on their way out, too, starting later in November, the paper reported. Customers will get a credit of $150 to $500 to help make up for the loss.
Not having heated heats is a hard stop for me. This is the first vehicle I've had with a heated steering wheel, too. And I'll be honest: when I climbed in for the test drive on a cold, snowy day in April and grabbed ahold of that warm wheel the dealer had pre-heated for me... well, I knew I was buying this Jeep. So yes... having neither would definitely affect my purchase decision.

Last edited:

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Yesterday morning it was 10 degrees when I left for work with a real feel of -1 and I had to put the trash cans out. Normally we see -30 and colder for at least a bit every winter. Last winter it didn't get above 0 for a couple weeks. Heated seats and a heated steering wheel are about as important as you might imagine... Very, very important to and I won't buy a vehicle without them again.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Here in Michigan, Mother Nature is crazy and we can see a 40 degree swing in temperature in one day. Love the heated steering wheel and heated seat. I LOVE the fact that if you remote start the Jeep, and it is below 40 degrees, the seat and steering wheel heat will automatically turn on.

Heck it was 62 degree yesterday, and it will be 38 today. We had snow on Sunday..... She is crazy....Mother Nature that is.

Enis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURXR
Well, living in northern Ontario where -40 isn’t uncommon, very important. When I first heard about heated steering wheels I was meh I don’t need that. Now in my 36 years of rough existence I really want and if I had a choice will always get these luxuries

jonescd519

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude
Just saw where most GM trucks and SUVs are losing heated seats and steering wheels all the way through 2022. đź‘€

If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.

Starting the week of November 15, most GM SUVs and pickups will lose their heated and ventilated seats. This includes the Chevrolet Silverado (pictured), Traverse (except the High Country model), Blazer, and Equinox, and the GMC Sierra, Acadia (except the Denali), Canyon, and Terrain. Automotive Newsreported, relying on a GM letter to dealers, that this change is going to last throughout the 2022 model year. Heated steering wheels are on their way out, too, starting later in November, the paper reported. Customers will get a credit of $150 to $500 to help make up for the loss.
I'm with you.

Sponsored

Kimmi

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (maybe)

2 must haves for me were manual transmission AND the heated steering wheel & seats. Living in NH, I never want a car without them again.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Critical Requirement for me :) I had no issue paying more for them and would almost require them on any vehicle I buy.

jaardappel

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Nomad, dog-father, Jeep enthusiast

100%. I literally waited to find the build I wanted with the cold weather package. The feeling of a heated steering wheel is beyond awesome though...I might say that I'd rather have that then heated seats if I had to give up anything.
Sponsored