Sponsored

How important are heated seats to you?

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Like most have said already....once you have it....well......that's that.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

In all of the cars I have owned in the past, I never had Heated Seats (especially in my E92 BMW 335is). But borrowing Family Members’ cars several times, they had Heated Seats and needless to say, I was spoiled. And I am most likely even more spoiled with adding the Cold Weather Package on my new JLUR Build. But being a New Englander, how could I not…?

Well worth the cost!

Sponsored

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Not at all. We've had em on a few vehicles. Nice but not necessary in the same way I'd say "omfg A/C is damn necessary."

Tbh when it's really, really cold - I never put a load on an engine without letting it warm up, and the JL heats up so damn fast by the time the vehicle hits operating temp I don't notice the seats. That said, for people who live in frigid wastelands where it's basically Hoth from Thanksgiving to May, I get it.

Deleted member 59498

I love the heat for the back but not the one for the ass. It gets too hot for my tender bonbons!
I agree! Why can't they just make a like a two stage switch one is for ass and back and one is just back with maybe a gentle vibration to boot! :)

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yes I want them, and I don't even live somewhere cold haha. Heated steering wheels are so cool!

What's even better are COOLED seats on a hot day. OHH MAN!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We've been outsourcing our manufacturing for years thanks to Wall streets need for profit above all else.
It has finally hit Americans where they'll notice.....cold asses.
No kidding! This is a real big problem that we've all seen coming for years and it finally kicked our asses for real. Outsource this, just-in-time that, maximize profits quarterly for great growth!

GM is so ruthless, that for a little while, Cadillac's flagship sedan was made in China. (The CT6 before it was discontinued) lol. They'll do anything to save a buck if they can.

Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
First world problems. Ethiopian's are worried if they're going to eat this week and we're upset about keeping our butts warm while we drive with the top and doors off through mountains to our ski lodge.... I'm not judging, just putting things into perspective for myself.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Deal-breaker without them.

Never knew what I was missing until I had a loaded JLU loaner while my car was in the shop. In sub-0° weather, no waiting for the interior to warm up. Could literally drive around with the windows down and still feel mostly warm and toasty. Heated steering wheel was really nice as well, but got way too hot to be comfortable.

Imo, heated seats should be a reasonably-priced option on every vehicle sold in cold climates, and while I'm thinking about it, stuff like LED lighting that has been around so long now that it should be default equipment for all vehicles, inside and out. Not so fondly remembering back in the day when manually cranked windows were default and electric windows were a rare luxury option, lol.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
The heated seats are nice, but I never realized how much I like heated steering wheel. My hands are now so pampered I could become a hand model.

Jeep Wrangler JL How important are heated seats to you? 9cd0f34e12d931986969507cadd6b14b
Sponsored