Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed but sometimes all the automatic stuff can get a little annoying. This is a repost from a couple years ago:

I call this my Pre-Flight Check and it can be really annoying in the winter:

Step 1 - Enter and turn on the vehicle.
Step 2 - Turn off the radio because the radio always turns itself on when I start the car regardless of whether or not I was previously listening to it;
Step 3 - Turn off the heated wheel. It's really unnecessary above freezing.
Step 4 - Turn off the heated seats. This requires the button to be pushed 3 times. Again really unnecessary above freezing;
Step 5 - Turn off the ESS;
Step 6 - Turn off Traction control if conditions warrant controlling the power to the wheels myself;
Step 7 - Set the cabin temp, fan speed and vent location (or maybe just hit auto).

So after I've pressed 8-10 buttons I check the flap settings and get pushed back out of my driveway for departure.
I tell my wife that's part of the fun of the Jeep. All the buttons look cool and I love pushing/clicking and feeling in control of the vehicle.
Her Jeep Compass (little rag on Jeep brand here) is just an automated mode of transportation. Nicer ride than mine, and simpler, and more efficient.... but just not enough fun to be had.
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Not at all important. In fact the steering wheel gets too hot. The Jeeps heater gets plenty hot enough on its own.

bonediggitty

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 JLU Rubicon XR
Occupation
Professional Bingo Caller
In Phoenix, I’d rather have the top off in the winter than the summer… I ordered my 22 with the cold weather package so that I’d be comfortable with the top off (with just a hoodie) from basically November to March.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Heated seats remain a curiosity to me. This is doubly true when one considers the furnace-like heat that the Wrangler is capable of producing, irrespective of engine choice and as is often mentioned on this forum. I can't recall ever feeling cold as a consequence of sitting in an unheated seat, and this includes driving with the top in
You have a point with the blast furnace heater but there's something to be said for breathing in cold air while getting toasted from the seat and wheel. It's really refreshing. Warm air can get stuffy.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The important question to ask is how important it is for your girlfriend when she is wearing miniskirt or thin leggings in the winter.

Answer: It is very important. :)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, demoed a 370Z Convertible with AC/Vented seats....I wish our jeeps and miata had those.
My Fiat Spider has the same heated seats as that on ND Miata: works like a charm!

It really allows you to extend the time you can drive with the top down by several more weeks.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Heated seats and steering wheels! You never knew you needed it, until you have them (at least in cold weather states). I am all about stripped down Jeeps and less tech, but I love being able to put the seats on when the top is off on very cool fall and spring nights.
So true my friend. I never had a heated steering wheel until I bought my Jeep. I told the wife basically the same thing. I do like heated seats in my vehicles, and now the heated steering is bundled in there also. :)

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be able to do this without seat heaters
Jeep Wrangler JL How important are heated seats to you? 1637003527984

Jeep Wrangler JL How important are heated seats to you? 1637003323054

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The first vehicle I had with heated seats was my 2001 F250 Lariat. I thought it was the stupidest thing to get in GA, but I was buying off the lot and got a great deal. I used it all the time. Wouldnt go without them now and haven't bought a vehicle without since.

Our '13 Explorer had cooled/vented seats. I could live without it (and do on the Jeep), but do use it when we go somewhere in it and its hot.

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
my last car was the first time i ever had them (and heated steering wheel) - it was one of those luxuries that i never knew what i was missing until i got it.....especially that i dont drive automatic and cant have the remote start option - its amazing to feel warm before the car is warmed up. With a jeep that has an uninsulated top (hard or soft) this is an absolute pleasure in cold weather areas.

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My father’s 1985 Volvo 760 Turbo station wagon (the first car I have memories of) had heated seats for driver/passenger. Several “shotty, no blitz” were argued between me and my brothers.

It wouldn’t have been a make-or-break for me on the Jeep if not offered, but it was a no-brainer for me as an option when I got my 2020. That said, as an option that just isn’t available right now but will be again later, I’d wait if I was ordering.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I've had heated leather in every vehicle I've had for 30 years. Nothing too impressive just mostly Fords. I specifically chose cloth in my JL (with heated seats) and thank myself every time I get in it on a scorching hot day OR freezing cold day. Frankly leather behaves just like the vinyl in the old days. If you couldn't get heated seats I'd skip the leather.
Sponsored