How important are heated seats to you?

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
In Houston?? I would rather see air conditioned seats.
I've had one car (a Lexus) that had those. They were AWESOME.

I would like to have both options, especially in the NE but given a choice, the heated seats are more important. Steering wheel heat does not move the needle for me.
Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Very, helps my back a lot. Didn't want to pay that much for the factory option, so got a cheap heated seat cover on amazon that works great

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
First time I ever had a heated steering wheel and seats was in my 2016 Honda Pilot. When I bought it I wasn't aiming for those, they just happened to come with the package. I didn't think anything of them....until that first winter and we drove up to the mountains. It was very cold, but a couple minutes after starting the car I could actually take my gloves off to drive. I was hooked on the heated steering wheel ever since. Wouldn't buy a car without one. Or heated seats. They're great too. They spoiled me.

Morejeeps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Cherokee ‘18 Jlur
I believe it was my wife’s 2011 Jeep Compass had heated seats, and we both said we would not buy another without it. My 2018 jlur was the 1st with heated wheel. So now that’s added to the list of must haves.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I really would like some AC'ed seats. 90's this past weekend...

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Not having options I wanted like heated seats would be a no-go for me.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
when its 1C outside and you have the top off it makes a world of difference.

Heated seats and steering wheels is a must in Canada

ezoliver

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave - New JLU coming soon
Absolutely a must have for me on a vehicle with removable top and doors. Heated seat and wheel are a god send when you are out topless and it cools off before you get home.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I bought my JL used, it had heated seats and steering wheel - I didn't think I'd ever use them. After having it since April, I can say that I will never own a Wrangler without them. The seats/steering wheel extended my "doors-off" season by at least 1 month on each end. Considering that driving doors-off is the only reason for me to have a Wrangler, this is huge.

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
In Michigan - I dig the heated seats and steering wheel. My "06 F250 had heated seats but they took like 20 minutes for them to get going. The JL's version is tops.

Eduardo909

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL MOAB
Had heated seats/steering wheel in my old 19 MOAB, they were nice but hardly ever used them in SoCal. Didn’t add the option when I ordered my 21 JLR.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Just saw where most GM trucks and SUVs are losing heated seats and steering wheels all the way through 2022. 👀

If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.

Can’t believe how bad/weird this chip shortage has gotten.
Starting the week of November 15, most GM SUVs and pickups will lose their heated and ventilated seats. This includes the Chevrolet Silverado (pictured), Traverse (except the High Country model), Blazer, and Equinox, and the GMC Sierra, Acadia (except the Denali), Canyon, and Terrain. Automotive Newsreported, relying on a GM letter to dealers, that this change is going to last throughout the 2022 model year. Heated steering wheels are on their way out, too, starting later in November, the paper reported. Customers will get a credit of $150 to $500 to help make up for the loss.
On one hand, living in Michigan, heated seats and steering wheel are a wonderful thing (I won't go so far as to say must have, that would be silly, but nice yes, especially on an $80k frigging vehicle).

That being said my 392 is a summer only vehicle, so for me, not so big a deal. ASSUMING that they give some money off the price for it.

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not necessary, definitely wouldnt kill the deal for me. I dont have them and I live on the IL/WI border. Gets cold as hell here. One thing Ive noticed over the years of owning Wranglers is how incredibly fast they heat up. Im comfortable within minutes in single digit temps. Its a very nice option to have though. Certainly a luxury.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Living in New England, I won't own another vehicle without seat and steering wheel heaters. It is literally a non-starter without them.
Sponsored