How important are heated seats to you?

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Upon reading this thread and thinking about how much I love driving doorless, I realized I should have added it to my order, but sadly it's too late.

Is it possible to add heated steering wheel & seats later? Don't need remote start (manual).
Sponsored

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Heated seats and heated steering wheel that are already up to temp when you get in are wonderful. Have them in the Jeep and my Silverado. All made possible by remote start..
I guess I will not be upgrading to 2022 Silverado - maybe I need to take a second look at Dodge

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

They are awesome. Gets quite cold around me and remote starting the Jeep where the heated wheel and seats are already on when I get in is VERY addicting lol I will not go back!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
As much as I like heated seats/steering wheel, and I doubt I would willingly order without them, in todays market, you may have to take what you can get. I would be upset if I got into an accident today, and needed a new vehicle, and found out I couldn't because they didn't have enough heated seats. One guy I work with got into an accident a couple weeks ago, he had to buy what was on a lot. A few months ago some hail came through the area, dealers that had slim pickings had even less afterwards.

Its easy to say I wouldn't order without them again, but some may not have a choice. If you are buying used in a couple years, remember 2020/2021/2022 models may be missing "common" options.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I thought I was going to respond and sound like a spoiled brat, but I see a ton of agreement with me, that would be a deal breaker. Never had them for the first 20 years of my driving life. Then I bought a vehicle with them a few years ago, and now refuse to look at a vehicle if they are not present.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I did not read through this whole thread ... BUT...... for your Wife or Gal Pal's sake..... remember with the Tazer JL Mini and a Live Feature it offers .......you can have her seat (Passenger seat) heat up with yours when your JL starts up on those cold mornings, etc..

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Right now? Pretty freakin' important.

sOpW2-olab3-pkn?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

Seriously, though. Mine doesn't get any garage space, so the heated seats and wheel are pretty important to me for the winter months. The fact they kick on automatically when you remote start below 40 degrees is icing.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
With the leather, I'm glad I got it. It makes the difference of a world when it's chilly at night and I'm doing 70 mph down the highway doorless. Why would GM stop adding them, is it because of production issues? Seems silly to remove.

Deleted member 59498

-5 this morning, but even when it is not super cold and as I get older when the old back is hurting it never hurts to have a heating pad built in for the commute. I am very pleased with the cold weather package with Jeep. best $995 option they offer.

Aprful

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL
I will not buy a car without them. My dealer in sw Florida immediately skipped the cold weather package when ordering my JLU. I said no back up i must have the heated seats. He looked at me like I had grown a second head. If your back hurts or your on a long trip nothing works better to release back pain or stiffness than heated seats. He said I never thought about that.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't get them on mine, but my wife did... Personally I can take them or leave them, but having the top off during the colder months would be much better if I had them.

jdsqrd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jdsqrd.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Author/Civil Engineer
I will not buy a car without them. My dealer in sw Florida immediately skipped the cold weather package when ordering my JLU. I said no back up i must have the heated seats. He looked at me like I had grown a second head. If your back hurts or your on a long trip nothing works better to release back pain or stiffness than heated seats. He said I never thought about that.
This ^^^. My back got messed up in an accident several years ago. I use the heated seats year 'round as a heating pad. It's been a must on my last several vehicles.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
We've been outsourcing our manufacturing for years thanks to Wall streets need for profit above all else.
It has finally hit Americans where they'll notice.....cold asses.

Last edited:

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Just saw where most GM trucks and SUVs are losing heated seats and steering wheels all the way through 2022. đź‘€

If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.

Can’t believe how bad/weird this chip shortage has gotten.
Starting the week of November 15, most GM SUVs and pickups will lose their heated and ventilated seats. This includes the Chevrolet Silverado (pictured), Traverse (except the High Country model), Blazer, and Equinox, and the GMC Sierra, Acadia (except the Denali), Canyon, and Terrain. Automotive Newsreported, relying on a GM letter to dealers, that this change is going to last throughout the 2022 model year. Heated steering wheels are on their way out, too, starting later in November, the paper reported. Customers will get a credit of $150 to $500 to help make up for the loss.
I live in Arizona so no, I don't care about heated seats! LOL ventilated seats on the other hand can be a nice feature to have in the summer! :)

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
My wife's GC 80th has the ventilated seats, they are great in the summer.
Sponsored