How important are heated seats to you?

runningonemptyy

First Name
roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
if i still lived in the northeast i would want that. but i’m in florida now - don’t need it.
Sponsored

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Southern California here, I ordered the cold weather package even though it's 90 degrees in November still. If I was still in my early 20s then I wouldn't have cared about it, but now-a-days, it's all about comfort for me and my family.

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I might have some good news for you. You may have seen my postings on Project Lasso? That's the very first issue I'm trying to address.
😉
I have not seen them but I will look now! Thanks.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Living in South Carolina no need for them , I have lived fifty years without the need for heated seats, I come from Northern Ireland where it is really cold in the winter time none of my vehicles from there had them so no big deal
It might be a case of not missing what you don't have. I live in Chicago where temps can reach below zero. I have had heated seats in many cars and never felt they would be a priority. I have never had a heated steering wheel until my '19 JLR. I never knew what I was missing. I absolutely love the heated steering wheel now. It is a option I will always want a heated steering wheel from this point going forward if it is available.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Absolutely would make a difference to me here in the northeast. Even in the summer I use the heated seats to keep my back loose.

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I have not seen them but I will look now! Thanks.
I went back and took another look. The details were first discussed here, in another thread before the project own thread was launched.

You may be interested in the proposed order of operations and vehicle logic that we're using here. And if you have any suggestions, recommendations or comments, I've love to hear them!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Just saw where most GM trucks and SUVs are losing heated seats and steering wheels all the way through 2022. 👀

If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.

Can’t believe how bad/weird this chip shortage has gotten.
Starting the week of November 15, most GM SUVs and pickups will lose their heated and ventilated seats. This includes the Chevrolet Silverado (pictured), Traverse (except the High Country model), Blazer, and Equinox, and the GMC Sierra, Acadia (except the Denali), Canyon, and Terrain. Automotive Newsreported, relying on a GM letter to dealers, that this change is going to last throughout the 2022 model year. Heated steering wheels are on their way out, too, starting later in November, the paper reported. Customers will get a credit of $150 to $500 to help make up for the loss.

YES, the fact that Jeep offers the heated steering wheel is a MAJOR bonus for me. Few other trucks offer it, even before the pandemic. On a frigid day when you've been out shoveling snow, that heated steering wheel is the best feature on the truck. Without features like that I honestly may have shopped other brands a little harder.

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Heated seats, the greatest thing since sliced bread......

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
Heated seats are a must have, the heated steering wheel is new for me and I've been using it a lot the past week or two; I live in the Northeast and open the Sunrider whenever possible.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If you got yourJL with heated seats (I did) would losing them have affected your purchase decision? For me, it might have. I love them that much. My sore back loves them that much.
Heated seats remain a curiosity to me. This is doubly true when one considers the furnace-like heat that the Wrangler is capable of producing, irrespective of engine choice and as is often mentioned on this forum. I can't recall ever feeling cold as a consequence of sitting in an unheated seat, and this includes driving with the top in the Sunrider position in temperatures where I should have known better. ;)

My wife's Honda has them, so I know what I'm missing. They are pleasant conveniences, nothing more.

Heated seats and steering wheels is a must in Canada
What I wouldn't mind having, at least on the vehicles that Wife and Offspring drive, are the Low Washer Fluid dash warning light icons frequently seen on Canadian-spec vehicles, but not ours. My expense for washer fluid each Winter is significant, lol.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
If this was going on when I sold my JK to get a JL I would have kept my JK. It is amazing less than a year ago there was a great market for sellers on used vehicles and you could get anything you wanted on a new vehicle w/o delay and at a discount.

madm73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys, 21 HD Pan America
We have the the Cold Weather package along with the Sound and Sun package. Push a button and we have open air and heated seats at the same time. Here in Central Washington its a big deal. Its our first heated steering wheel, we will always have one going forward.

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
I just ordered one with the cold weather package. I would be disappointed if they took away the heated seats and steering wheel. Although, if pressed, I would say that I could live without the heated seats. I ordered cloth seats and those warm up faster than leather. But I'm really looking forward to the heated steering wheel. They'd have to refund me that cold weather package and I'd seriously consider canceling and waiting until next year.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I have no interest in that option for my wrangler. However, I will say that a couple years ago we were doing a job in NJ and it was 0F all week. We had 2 vehicles, and only 1 had heated seats. That 20minute ride in the non-heated seat vehicle was pretty miserable at 5am.
Lunchtime and afterwork didnt seem to make a difference but that AM drive was cold.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I would not buy a vehicle that doesn't have heated seats.
x2

Even here in Arizona. Heated seats with the top down, 40°-50° F air temps in the winter. Perfect!
Sponsored