Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Saving my azz vs putting my own self in that situation... we had 6'' of unplowed ice on the street this week.. the jeep dont care.

Then I got stuck in a ditch in the high country this weekend around Mt Evans..

Its going to get me out of anything I get myself into.

Jeep Wrangler JL How has your JL saved your a**? 1673380935097
Sponsored

graytag

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe, Sold-3 TJs, 1 YJ
This is our first winter with the Wrangler and when the white shit hit the fan a few weeks back I was able to run around and do what I needed to do in the thing in 4 HI with no real problems. Because of the amount of snow and drifting we had I felt better in the Wrangler but our Audi A7 with the Quatro system is a beast in snow. Normally it does better than any Jeep I have ever owned in snow but with the depth and drifts the ride height of the Wrangler made me feel better protected.
I had an A5 sportback that was also a beast in the snow. The problem is it sat so low that I kept having to replace the engine protector underneath.

bradcrc

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've always had a Jeep since my first CJ when I was in high school more than 30 years ago, so I'm just used to being able to drive anywhere and through anything I want. So I guess now I'm just too spoiled to even notice that I don't get stuck or can't go places like people with regular vehicles have to deal with.

swedeviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2-door
This is our first winter with the Wrangler and when the white shit hit the fan a few weeks back I was able to run around and do what I needed to do in the thing in 4 HI with no real problems. Because of the amount of snow and drifting we had I felt better in the Wrangler but our Audi A7 with the Quatro system is a beast in snow. Normally it does better than any Jeep I have ever owned in snow but with the depth and drifts the ride height of the Wrangler made me feel better protected.
This isn't a snow or flood "save" but if it hadn't been for my Wangler I would n't be around to write this. I was driving home at night and a huge bull elk jumped out of nowhere right into my Jeep. I had steel bumpers with bull bars and body armor and it smacked right in to me and rolled off and I didn't even lose control and got out and looked and the only damage (except for a dead elk) was my left plastic fender was torn off (added steel fenders after that) but had it been a lower car that elk would have gone thru the windshield. I WILL NEVER be without a Jeep after that experience.. Jeeps are more capable in any situation than an car and it saved my life This was 2 years ago and I am a 78 year old Jeepgal and still enjoying the heck out of wheelin (just got a new 2023 2-door LOL)

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
My Wrangler has saved my arse on numerous occasions while traveling on our state‘s terribly maintained/poorly paved highways & backroads. I can’t tell you how many pot holes I’ve accidentally run over, yet my beloved Wrangler with wide tires and tall aspect ratio tires keep me going. I love that about my Wrangler.
I can’t say that about my other vehicles.
Cheers all/B

Sponsored

OP
OP
Willysfan

Willysfan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Machinist
Clubs

Saving my azz vs putting my own self in that situation... we had 6'' of unplowed ice on the street this week.. the jeep dont care.

Then I got stuck in a ditch in the high country this weekend around Mt Evans..

Its going to get me out of anything I get myself into.

Jeep Wrangler JL How has your JL saved your a**? F7116AC2-7484-4EC3-B022-2FB0D626AD0C
That is the SHIT!!!! Getting me out of the shit I get into. Thanks Jeep!!!

OP
OP
Willysfan

Willysfan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Occupation
Machinist
Clubs

Does this count? My son and I walked away without a scratch.

Jeep Wrangler JL How has your JL saved your a**? F7116AC2-7484-4EC3-B022-2FB0D626AD0C
Well there is that. Glad you guys were OK. I for sure feel safe in my Wrangler.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Not a saved my ass situation, but I have a fairly long and steep driveway. If it wasn't for the Jeep I wouldn't be able to get back into my house without hoofing it up the driveway myself when it is snowing outside. Not that big of a deal except for when you have groceries or something else to get inside.

Sponsored

2DR OVRLND

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLR 2.0T / 2016 Polaris Ranger 900XP
Build Thread
Link
Last year I went with the family down to Florida and it just so happened that the only trail within 200 miles of us was 10 minutes away. Long story short after driving for 2 or so hours on these gravel/dirt roads, we encountered a 50 foot by 10 foot water hole which I had the bright idea of driving into without checking the depth first (DONT DO THIS). I threw it in 4-hi and took it slow as, at that time, I was smart enough not to send it- this ended up being the decision that likely saved my ass. The first 20 feet of the water hole were only about a foot deep but it then suddenly dropped off so deep that the water was an inch or two from the bottom of the headlights. When this happened, due in part to my lack of experience at the time, I slammed on the brakes which triggered the auto stop-start to shut the engine off making me think I had just hydro locked the engine. At that point all four wheels were completely submerged and the engine was off so I figured it was over... until I let my foot off the brake and it started right back up. I then eased into the throttle until it climbed right out of the hole without any problems. Had I been in any vehicle other than a jeep I can say with confidence that I would have been royally screwed.

Here's the pic I snapped after I changed my pants:
Jeep Wrangler JL How has your JL saved your a**? IMG_2911[158]

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Does this count? My son and I walked away without a scratch.

Jeep Wrangler JL How has your JL saved your a**? IMG_2911[158]
Oh wow! I can see it was a 4xe. Since you and your son turned out ok, how did the jeep fair? Any concern with the battery? I too have a 4xe

Flip6577

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 on order
I got pushed onto the shoulder going about 65 under heavy braking and hard steering input. I could actually feel the esc engage different wheel's brakes. Both my wife and I thought we were going into a spin and then a roll. The instantaneous application of individual brakes kept us going in the right direction.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
How can they make you leave? I can see srongly advising, but forcing you to leave your own property?
Sometimes they just ask that you wear some durable form of identification so it will be easier to identify the body later.
Sponsored