How good is the Mopar winch package??

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am wandering how good the factory winch setup is for the JL. I don’t know much about winches. Looks to be in the 1500 dollar range. Is this a good winch / good value? Let’s here your thoughts Jeepers
Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I think you are going to run into two schools of though on winches.

1) Brand warriors that believe that their choice of winch is the best hands down
2) Value shoppers, that will buy based on cost to fill a need in recovery gear.

While I believe that the Jeep Branded Warn is a good winch, I do not believe that it should cost as much as it does. However one thing that the "factory" winch does have is warranty support from the dealer I would imagine. For the money you spend on the factory winch, you can buy a winch, a hoop, and other recovery gear, to include the winch mount plate.

I would shop around, my plans are Smittybilt x20 or Rough Country winch with synthetic line and the JCR winch plate.

OP
OP
JDP

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for the quick response! I am
More about form and function than anything else! I would like something that fits and functions as it should without extreme modification. Warranty from dealer may be a plus though. Definitely going with synthetic rope!

Amric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Rubicon, 2018 JL Rubicon
I have the Rubicon winch and got it for around 1300. It is a great winch, but I keep wondering if I would have been better getting to Xeon 10x instead f the 8.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I used to only buy Warn winches, but after several failures and watching friends with $500 winches last as long or longer than my Warn's, I decided to try the others. The last time I had a Warn fail, they wanted me to pay shipping to send it back, which would have cost me over $100. If a Smittybilt fails, I just take it to the nearest 4 wheel parts wholesalers and they take care of it. I've yet to have one fail though. My current winch is a Quadratec Q10000C. It cost me $400.

20180429_190030-X2.jpg

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
From my understanding the Jeep winch is a Warn Zeon 8-S, which can be found for about $900.

fins6969

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL
I used to only buy Warn winches, but after several failures and watching friends with $500 winches last as long or longer than my Warn's, I decided to try the others. The last time I had a Warn fail, they wanted me to pay shipping to send it back, which would have cost me over $100. If a Smittybilt fails, I just take it to the nearest 4 wheel parts wholesalers and they take care of it. I've yet to have one fail though. My current winch is a Quadratec Q10000C. It cost me $400.

Jeep Wrangler JL How good is the Mopar winch package?? 20180429_190030-X2
Which winch plate did you use?