Sponsored

How fast do you drive on washboard / logging roads?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Just curious how fast people drive their Jeep on washboard and pothole-filled logging roads.

When I had my Sahara stock, I used to drive fairly conservatively on these roads because I didn’t feel confident going too fast.

But ever since I modded up my Jeep with larger tires and better suspension and steering components, I find myself pedal happy and constantly just rally racing down these roads leaving a cloud of dust behind me, and feel totally in control. The Jeep bounces like a bitch but I guess that’s expected when going over potholes.

Just want to hear people’s thoughts on this, because I often pass other vehicles on the way and overtake them because they just drive way too slow.:LOL: — but I do realize I may look like a jerk to them leaving them to choke on my dust as I zoom by.

Well I named my Jeep Sandstorm for a reason.;)
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I drop the tire pressure down to about 12 Psi and then I don’t feel any of it. Hammer down.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Learned when I was in Australia... faster you go... the better the ride....

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Could I drop the hammer too in my stock sport with just the psi adjustment?
The stock shocks and springs are pretty janky on a Sport, you can try but I found mine would start sliding around uncontrollably over wash board roads at a certain speed.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
The stock shocks and springs are pretty janky on a Sport, you can try but I found mine would start sliding around uncontrollably over wash board roads at a certain speed.
Sounds like a good time as long as there are no edges or cliffs lol! sounds like i need shock upgrades maybe then?

Sponsored

RPS1030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buggy
Sounds like a good time as long as there are no edges or cliffs lol! sounds like i need shock upgrades maybe then?
It's a slippery slope. I've recommended better/stronger tires first. Higher speeds and rocks/gravel on the trails/roads can easily eat up street oriented tires.

But then, if getting new tires, why not get better suspension so that bigger tires can fit/be controlled. Leading to Just Empty Every Pocket.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
It's a slippery slope. I've recommended better/stronger tires first. Higher speeds and rocks/gravel on the trails/roads can easily eat up street oriented tires.

But then, if getting new tires, why not get better suspension so that bigger tires can fit/be controlled. Leading to Just Empty Every Pocket.
Jeep Wrangler JL How fast do you drive on washboard / logging roads? 200