How far is too far to do a Jeep Wave?

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
Just a little thought while driving today... How far do you consider to be too far to Jeep wave? I almost only wave on two lane roads but recently I have gotten a couple waves on larger highway type roads and I’m kind of wondering if I’m in the wrong for not waving back haha :headbang: :CWL:
Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Just a little thought while driving today... How far do you consider to be too far to Jeep wave? I almost only wave on two lane roads but recently I have gotten a couple waves on larger highway type roads and I’m kind of wondering if I’m in the wrong for not waving back haha :headbang: :CWL:
Just always do it and then you don't have to think about it. :headbang:

OP
OP
Troutster

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
If you see a wave a don’t wave back, no matter the distance, then you’re in the wrong. If you saw his/hers then they can see you.
I end up getting pretty selective because there are TONS of mall crawlers in my area and they give me no mind when I wave so it’s a 50/50 thing that I just kind of pick my battles with. The worst is when you get passed by a Jeep with 37s that the dad handed his daughter the keys to who has no idea what the wave is :facepalm:

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
If I can see the Jeep I usually wave.

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Just bought my JL Sport, thought the wave was just a Harley thing: only wave at other Harleys with left hand, two fingers pointed down at pavement.
Do I have to wave at all Jeeps or just Wranglers? Is there a secret wave like Harleys? If you don’t have a Harley please delete the description of the secret wave.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Here, where i live. It seems you cant go two blocks, without passing a Wrangler. It gets tiring at times. Maybe i will het a light tan glove, put some stuffing in it, and mount it to the steering wheel. Then, I wont miss any waves.:like:

mike81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler JLUR
Here, where i live. It seems you cant go two blocks, without passing a Wrangler. It gets tiring at times. Maybe i will het a light tan glove, put some stuffing in it, and mount it to the steering wheel. Then, I wont miss any waves.:like:
I feel your pain. I live in Rosenberg and work in Houston. There are Wranglers everywhere.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought my JL Sport, thought the wave was just a Harley thing: only wave at other Harleys with left hand, two fingers pointed down at pavement.
Do I have to wave at all Jeeps or just Wranglers? Is there a secret wave like Harleys? If you don’t have a Harley please delete the description of the secret wave.
It's a Wrang Thang. The only wave to ignore is the one where you only see one finger.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
All bikers do this, not just Harley.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Just Wranglers. We ignore the rest of the family :CWL:

Rb846z3.jpg

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Here it appears 2 lane road is required. 4 lane divided highway not so much.
Sponsored