Sponsored

How far have you driven on one tank of gas in your Hybrid Wrangler 4xe?

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
Thanks to FORM, I go through a tank of gas every week. No electric range for me.
Sponsored

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No record, but just completed a long trip. Started with a full charge and a full tank. Exhausted the battery after 20.3 miles. Refueled when it showed 50 miles to go. Total distance at that point was 343 miles. That was in 38 degree weather… highway speeds 60-73 depending on how hard the rain was falling. And with a pretty stout headwind. First time I’d really run it one charge/one tank. Under those conditions I thought it was decent overall.
Wow. This is really good mileage!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Wow. This is really good mileage!
I was pretty pleased. Was the first time I really had a chance to test Jeep's claims of 400ish miles of range. My indicated range to empty was tracking pretty accurately so when I hit the 50 to go I'm pretty sure it was just about dead on, so that would have put me at just under 400 total miles on full charge/tank.

For reference, my 4xe is essentially stock (meaning while I've added a few things, they were things like sill plates and a headliner... nothing that would impact performance) and I was traveling alone. The area was pretty mountainous (for VA and TN anyway... you folks out west and up north would probably laugh at that) so it would likely do better flying straight and level.

On a side note, the 2.0T was fantastic. Moved the weight of the Jeep easily.. Jeep still felt quick and nimble despite the weight... and had plenty of power when I needed to step on it. For anyone that had concerns about its ability to manage the load, it did really well. Just my thoughts anyway....

OP
OP
JollieOllie

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I got a new personal record. I went 2,687.7 km or 1,679,8 miles on one tank of gas. How about everyone else? It still showed a gas range of about 40kms and about 30kms on electric.

Jeep Wrangler JL How far have you driven on one tank of gas in your Hybrid Wrangler 4xe? Total Kms

Sponsored

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
My record is 731 miles according to Fuelly. But it only took 13.2 gallons of gas

I’ve noticed that the low fuel light comes on pretty early in the 4xe. I filled up today on Low Fuel and it only took 14.4 gallons

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Went to Costco today, lines were 4 cars deep, currently at 95km range, will put in $10 at the Esso near me.

I'm wondering if it's even worth it filling up the tank since I rarely use gas.

OP
OP
JollieOllie

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
My record is 731 miles according to Fuelly. But it only took 13.2 gallons of gas

I’ve noticed that the low fuel light comes on pretty early in the 4xe. I filled up today on Low Fuel and it only took 14.4 gallons
I too thought the low gas light came on early. I also noticed once I hit 50km range remaining in gas, every time I started the Jeep it would run on gas, almost as if it forced me to use gas to make me fill up the tank. Weird.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Wow thats awesome, I'm back in the office now and I average 350 miles per tank but thats a 100 miles round trip. My old jku would go 2 and a half days max. The 4xe could go 4 and a half if I pushed it. Gas is more expensive by the office so I try and fill up at home so I usually fill up just under a half a tank. Once the office building adds a charger I could probably almost double the range. This thing keeps on surprising me!
Sponsored

Last edited: