Sponsored

How far do 17*8.5 rims with 0 offset & 12.5 tires stick out?

hurricanes99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will post up some pics once I get them on. So I placed the order with custom offsets and did the wheel / tire package. Supposedly the Tpms should pair up with the vehicle within so many miles? Anyone have experience with that? If that doesn’t work I guess I will need to take it to get programmed. I haven’t read the manual and don’t know what minimum tire pressure is programmed in prior to setting off light, but I would be interested in finding out if it can be programmed for a lesser psi.
Sponsored

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Will post up some pics once I get them on. So I placed the order with custom offsets and did the wheel / tire package. Supposedly the Tpms should pair up with the vehicle within so many miles? Anyone have experience with that? If that doesn’t work I guess I will need to take it to get programmed. I haven’t read the manual and don’t know what minimum tire pressure is programmed in prior to setting off light, but I would be interested in finding out if it can be programmed for a lesser psi.
In my case the TPMS synced very quick (within a block of leaving the tire shop). I’m not sure of what the exact method is that FCA uses for the TPMS communication but its controller does triangulate the position and activity of each sensor so it knows if you rotate tires or swap out for your spare and updates infotainment cluster accordingly.

As far as the tire pressure alarm threshold is concerned, this one I haven’t quite figured out yet. I can tell you that the 2020 Rubicon model tire pressure from factory is 37PSI. With the 37” tires, I should be running closer to 28PSI for equivalent load rating. If I drop the pressure below 30PSI then thelow pressure light kicks in. I tried to reprogram this at the dealer but was informed they can’t modify that for the 2020JL. I’m asking them again after learning about the STFA feature for gladiators and I think I read it is available on the 2021 JLs now. There are some other posts about the STFA on gladiators. It basically allows you to specify the alarm threshold. Hope this helps.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Tazer Mini which has a lot of usable features, especially for the Rubicon. It allows the ability to lower the tpms threshold to 25psi. It also puts a memory to the auto stop/start, so if it's turned off it doesn't reset on the next startup, unless it's turned back on. It's got many useful features that make it well worth the cost.

hurricanes99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the Tazer Mini which has a lot of usable features, especially for the Rubicon. It allows the ability to lower the tpms threshold to 25psi. It also puts a memory to the auto stop/start, so if it's turned off it doesn't reset on the next startup, unless it's turned back on. It's got many useful features that make it well worth the cost.
The Tazer mini is on my list of must haves.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer mini is on my list of must haves.
Forgot to mention there's also the Tazer Lite, at a lower cost with less features, so it's worth checking out both to see what would better fit your wants/needs.

Sponsored

hurricanes99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Tazer mini seems like the better option.

hurricanes99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Wheels / Tires were supposed to be delivered yesterday on a perfect sunny day.. :). Leave it up to FedEx to screw something up and now they are coming today in the rain. From what i understand I will have to unload and inspect prior to signing off with the driver. Guess i shouldn't complain, but it seems like months have passed since i placed the order. Will post up picks once installed.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Another shot..
Jeep Wrangler JL How far do 17*8.5 rims with 0 offset & 12.5 tires stick out? 436C0E06-7969-4004-88F7-4F07DE7843A2
Man those methods look sweet! Nice to see how my jeep will look similar with black fenders, top and red wheels. Those are 35s?