Sponsored

How far can you move the keys from your Jeep with it running?

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
had a renegade before the wrangler, left it run for 6hrs once. was running late so just jumped out, and didn't stop it i guess. co worker noticed on way home and texted me.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, basically. When I test drove mine, the sales guy came running out and gave me the key fob. He said it would have kept going forever unless I stalled it out, but if I had, I would have been screwed. Good thing, too, because I stalled it out three times before I got off the lot. Oops.
HAHA good to know!

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Lol. People are acting like this is new. My wife’s 2009 Highlander and our 2014 Odyssey function the exact same way.

Can you imagine a vehicle that functioned differently? What happens when your fob battery dies or is low enough to not be recognized by your vehicle unless it’s against the push button starter? Should the vehicle only run for a pre determined about of time then shut down? What happens if you’re on the highway?
Solid answer. What do you think the reasoning is for remote start not working when the 4 ways are on?..

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Some vehicles will automatically lock the door if the FOB is a certain distance away from the vehicle. Not sure if this option if on for the proximity lock option Jeeps. I had it standard on my Nissan Altima several years ago.

My first purchased car was a Nissan. After a last test drive I noticed the dealership forgot to put in floor mats. Standing in front with key in hand, I watched as both sales reps hopped into my still running new car and sped off into the lot to steal mats from another unit. Would have been hilarious if the car stalled after 50 feet....

K-2S0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys / formerly 2012 Rubicon
Once it's running it doesn't matter how far away the fob is. It'll give you a warning that it's not in the Jeep, but everything else works as normal.
this was very helpful. thanks. i'm in minnesota and on a cold morning, i like to heat the car (first jeep without autostart - wth was i thinking?). been wondering how far way the fob could be. thanks!!
Sponsored