Sponsored

How far are you traveling to pick up your new JL?

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Man! I didnt think this through ...Y'all getn road trips outta this with a lower msrp ?!!

My dealer is apx. 4 mi away from my shop ...But!!! I can drive along the Gulf of Mexico after I pick it up !
...that works for me
Sponsored

DHTex87

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 128i
Is it possible to order locally, but take delivery at a remote dealership? Do dealerships cooperate like that? There are plenty of dealerships in Houston, I can get the Tread Lightly discount, then I would like to take a trip down the West Coast, so maybe pickup in Portland, OR?

Ajn13

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I’m only traveling an hour, but I’m passing a ton of other dealers. This includes my closest 3 who wouldn’t even consider less than msrp.

Sponsored

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
Depends on the deal, but I think 500 miles is my limit. Hopefully Dillons comes through with a great one.

Dash

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 stingray, 2002 F-250, 2016 stingray, 2017 BMW M240i,
Live in CO but moving to Honolulu. Purchased from Kim in Arkansas, shipping to Honolulu for pick up. Does that count for travel for pick up? Only 3,348 miles.

BillM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Dodge Ram 2500
800+ miles from Penn Valley, Ca to Caldwell by way of Yellowstone N.P. and Gardiner, MT. for total of 1200+ miles). Picking up our granite crystal metallic Sahara on Feb.22 . Returning to Gardiner and Yellowstone and hoping to post pictures of the first JL in Yellowstone NP. No dealer in California chooses to compete w/ DennisDillon. Kyle and CJ are great contacts at Dillon's.

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are several dealers close by, but none seemed to have wanted my business. I ended up ordering from a dealer 20 miles away, but I was willing to go much farther.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I’m only traveling an hour, but I’m passing a ton of other dealers. This includes my closest 3 who wouldn’t even consider less than msrp.
You ought to stop in and show em what they missed

Sponsored

Prospecktive

First Name
Marcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport Ocean Blue
800+ miles from Penn Valley, Ca to Caldwell by way of Yellowstone N.P. and Gardiner, MT. for total of 1200+ miles). Picking up our granite crystal metallic Sahara on Feb.22 . Returning to Gardiner and Yellowstone and hoping to post pictures of the first JL in Yellowstone NP. No dealer in California chooses to compete w/ DennisDillon. Kyle and CJ are great contacts at Dillon's.
Hi Bill,
We just moved to Nevada City and also ordered from Dennis Dillon. We definitely have a while to wait yet- ordered our Ocean Blue Sport S Feb 10. Hope you have a great trip. Looking forward to seeing pictures!

Chicago

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU black on black loaded with turbo engine
Occupation
Pipefitter
I built a spreadsheet so I can add all of the costs for each location. I’m counting my time as free but taking gas, hotel, food into account. Not really giving myself a limit at this point. Virginia and Idaho are still in the cards with other closer places. I agree that a nice drive back would provide places to see. I haven’t heard much about any dealers willing to give a decent price in MN so I’m planning on a trip at the end of the year
I traveled 35 miles just outside of Chicago to Tyson motors in Shorewood Illinois for 6% below invoice

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
To those of you traveling far to pick up your JL, aren't you not supposed to do a lot of highway driving for the first 300ish miles?