Sponsored

How far are you traveling to pick up your new JL?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sorry, I am new to the JL Forum. I did not know there was a time limit. I just read it today.
Nope, no restrictions here on necromancing an old thread.

That's one hell of a distant pickup. I thought that mine was long since it was 12 hours away.
Sponsored

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Oh man, really? You could have just ordered from Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine.

Also, this is a pretty old thread to be resurrecting.
this forum software makes it very easy to necro threads thanks to the "similar threads" listing under whatever you're currently reading. they're always several years old.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
I thinks it's interesting to see old threads revived - means our collective curiosity still wants more!

Also, I'll be driving ~400 miles to pick mine up (hopefully at some point this fall).

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I had my wifes Hyundai and my JLUR delivered to our front door for $4k and $5,200 less than what our local dealerships would sell for. It saved me $9,500 by not shopping locally, now I'll always shop online first, totally worth the $$$$. One came from Utah and the other North Carolina.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I am waiting on my ocean blue color to open up for build and it has given me the opportunity to start to shop around. It is funny the dealer I have locally is only willing to do 1% under invoice where as the dealer who is owned by the same family an hour away has told me they would do 5% (still waiting on the quote) and I have gotten some a bit higher than 6% bit they are 8 or more hours of driving each way.
The question is how far are you driving to pick up your JL and what is your calculation you make on how far you drive or travel for how much savings. Right now it looks like the dealer in Conway Arkansas is going to be somewhere around $8-900 savings but is 16 hours of total driving. Worth it or just suck it up and pay more and only drive an hour away?

Just curious what others thoughts are I lean for the best Iver deal and try to calculate the gas, food and hotel and then give myself $40 bucks an hour for my time. But it is a fun adventure and in theory could have an opportunity to see some cool things on the way back.
From Gallatin Tennessee (Miracle CJD) to Dayton Ohio is 319 miles, 5 hours and 8 minutes. Not anywhere near as far as you are looking at. I am saving almost $6000 for making the trip.

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Great point! Just trying to figure out the game plan. I will say that Kim has been great to work with it has been the best service I have received from any of the dealers I have talked with.
Email your build to Chad Rivas ([email protected]) at Miracle CJD in Gallatin Tennessee. I got 6% below, with no financing requirement and only a $599 processing fee. It is just northeast of Nashville. See what he can offer you. It is about 400 miles and 6 1/2 hours. Gupton is in the same area, but Gupton has financing requirements and you have to use their financing which has been a pretty high interest rate.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
We went from Phoenix to Bosie, which is 925 miles. Had a super blast driving the new JLUR back home.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I flew from Denver to outside DC. Nice road trip back.

Looks like that’s about 1700 miles.

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
2 Hour Highway drive down to Koons in VA. 3 Hours or so taking the long way back. I don’t want to push the engine too much until it breaks in, and I cant get on the highway without driving 80+mph, the right lane just isn’t for me. Also have highway trauma from cracking my windshield less than a week into owning my current Jeep.

Sponsored

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Niro EV; '23 Pathfinder; '23 JL 392
Occupation
CFO
Not going to get the record for sure, but Indianapolis to DC, sometime soon hopefully. 600 miles.

Savings of about $7k, and the pricelessness of not getting laughed off the lot trying to save anything on a 2023 392!

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I thought my 55 mile drive to pick up my 22 Willy's was a trek.... I found a dealership willing to take my Affiliate Rewards for a Jeep on their lot, which is unusual around my area I found out. I'm impressed by you 100+ mile travelers!!!

IMG-1496.JPG

ashegam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2DR Willys Sports
Flying from NC to TN and driving back 400 miles which will take about 6.5 hours. Less than an hour after I placed a non-refundable deposit down, a dealer less than an hour away matched the TN offer. No regrets, actually looking fwd to the drive back!

Grandmas392

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Niro EV; '23 Pathfinder; '23 JL 392
Occupation
CFO
Flying from NC to TN and driving back 400 miles which will take about 6.5 hours. Less than an hour after I placed a non-refundable deposit down, a dealer less than an hour away matched the TN offer. No regrets, actually looking fwd to the drive back!
That's the attitude! Even if a dealer near me got close, none of them even entertained it though, I still greatly look forward to the drive back from DC to Indy. I plan to hit one or two easy trails in the VA/TN route back to bond with the new rig!

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
Flying out from central CT to Tennessee and driving back 968 miles. The almighty Google predicts 15.5 hours.
Sponsored