Sponsored

How far are you traveling to pick up your new JL?

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
I can walk to the dealership from my home. Traveling for a deal would cost more than I would save on the JL Sport and take longer. It's worth it to me to stay local.
Sponsored

40smtng

First Name
Marge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR (on order)
We are traveling 1,050 miles from the northeast corner of North Carolina to Conway Arkansas to pick up our JLUR at Superior. We originally went to a Jeep dealer in Virginia Beach and he was happy to sell us a Jeep for MSRP with the advisement that they would be tacking on a surcharge in a few weeks. Our local Jeep dealer gave us a discount of $1500 under MSRP. I found this forum and Superior was a recurring name in the posts. We called Superior and spoke to Kim Sims and she quickly sent us a quote. Originally, we were going to get a Sahara, but the price from Kim was so good (6% under invoice with Tread Lightly) that we upgraded to a fully loaded Rubicon for less $$$ than our local Jeep dealer wanted for the Sahara. The order was placed March 17th and the car was delivered to Superior May 1st. We're flying to Little Rock and Superior will pick us up at the airport. Before we placed the order we factored in the expenses right down to boarding the dog at the kennel for a few days, and we're coming out way ahead!

IMG_2191.jpg

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
I'll be heading from Kansas City, Missouri to Boise, Idaho. The drive is about 20 Hrs or 1,375 miles. Way too good of a deal to pass up. Got a little more than 14% off MSRP on my new JLUR from Peterson's Stampede. Haven't decided if I will drive home or ship it. Kim with Superior was closer but was about $1500 more.

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I am waiting on my ocean blue color to open up for build and it has given me the opportunity to start to shop around. It is funny the dealer I have locally is only willing to do 1% under invoice where as the dealer who is owned by the same family an hour away has told me they would do 5% (still waiting on the quote) and I have gotten some a bit higher than 6% bit they are 8 or more hours of driving each way.
The question is how far are you driving to pick up your JL and what is your calculation you make on how far you drive or travel for how much savings. Right now it looks like the dealer in Conway Arkansas is going to be somewhere around $8-900 savings but is 16 hours of total driving. Worth it or just suck it up and pay more and only drive an hour away?

Just curious what others thoughts are I lean for the best Iver deal and try to calculate the gas, food and hotel and then give myself $40 bucks an hour for my time. But it is a fun adventure and in theory could have an opportunity to see some cool things on the way back.
I would have loved to buy local but there wasn't even one dealer interested in dealing, although there was one dealer in Scottsdale that was willing to sell me a Jeep for $1500 below MSRP!! Not only is Dennis Dillon pricing my ordered all Blue Rubi at almost $7K under MSRP they are also giving me the best price for my trade-in. Granted I need to drive approx. 1100 miles but I plan to stop at Bryce Canyon and Monument Valley on the way back, so it's an adventure. I don't even bother calculate the gas up or back or hotels.

Sponsored

Oldtimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Ltd
I'm traveling about 600 miles to Koon's in Tysons Corner to pick up my JLU Sahara. I saved some "real" money compared to the deals within 100 miles of my home. This site has saved me waaaay over the cost of traveling to pick it up! These forums rock!

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
dennis Dillion- just found out the rubi they have for sale was a custom order but customer changed colors and did not want the one they had delivered for him to their lot. Should I be concerned? I want to buy but don’t want to get scammed.

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I drove 1700 miles, from Tucson to Dennis Dillon in Idaho for my Blue Rubi. They gave me the best deal for my trade-in plus money off the invoice which came to almost $12,000 discount. Had a very pleasant experience with Dennis Dillon.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
no no worries I biught mine there and everything was excatly like they said, so if it is what you want, go get it. They are straight up friendly and easy going. IF you finance through them you get another 1000 off. I flew up they picked me up at the hotel and there were like 9 of us there getting jeeps so it took abit longer to get through everything

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I am waiting on my ocean blue color to open up for build and it has given me the opportunity to start to shop around. It is funny the dealer I have locally is only willing to do 1% under invoice where as the dealer who is owned by the same family an hour away has told me they would do 5% (still waiting on the quote) and I have gotten some a bit higher than 6% bit they are 8 or more hours of driving each way.
The question is how far are you driving to pick up your JL and what is your calculation you make on how far you drive or travel for how much savings. Right now it looks like the dealer in Conway Arkansas is going to be somewhere around $8-900 savings but is 16 hours of total driving. Worth it or just suck it up and pay more and only drive an hour away?

Just curious what others thoughts are I lean for the best Iver deal and try to calculate the gas, food and hotel and then give myself $40 bucks an hour for my time. But it is a fun adventure and in theory could have an opportunity to see some cool things on the way back.
I drove nearly 3 hours each way to save $1200 on my 2 door JL Sport. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. Farrish in Fairfax, VA was a very pleasant and professional place to buy a car. I wrote a personal check and a few days later the Certificate of Origin arrived FedEx. I did my own title and registration work since I was out of state.

Don’t be afraid to travel! This is the new normal for new car buying.

Sponsored

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I drove 1700 miles, from Tucson to Dennis Dillon in Idaho for my Blue Rubi. They gave me the best deal for my trade-in plus money off the invoice which came to almost $12,000 discount. Had a very pleasant experience with Dennis Dillon.

@dond49 Did u custom order buy off the lof?

goyota

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Recon Unlimited/Just ordered
I ordered a new Unlimited Rubicon XR from a dealer in PA. I live in CA. 2600 mile trip but I saved 4000 under MSRP.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I ordered a new Unlimited Rubicon XR from a dealer in PA. I live in CA. 2600 mile trip but I saved 4000 under MSRP.
Oh man, really? You could have just ordered from Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine.

Also, this is a pretty old thread to be resurrecting.

goyota

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Recon Unlimited/Just ordered
Sorry, I am new to the JL Forum. I did not know there was a time limit. I just read it today.
Sponsored