Sponsored

How does the New Nav Compare to the JK's 430?

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
I loved my jk, hated the head unit with the passion, it worked and did what it was suppose to do but if you notice the Jeep Wrangler line gets Dodges last gen stuff, even the new screens were found in past Chrysler products. When I picked this JL up I didn’t feel the need to change the head unit or the sound system (I have the 8.4” and upgraded alpine). Sounds great imo, not as clear as my F150 b&o but far more bass and more fun.

I’m not getting to excited, any new vehicle makes one happy so I’m waiting a month or two before deciding (just finished driving through some fields with about a foot of snow, I can say it feels soft va my old one felt hard, think hard made me more confident).
Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
The water moves on the screen for lakes rivers and oceans. Huge selling point.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I loved my jk, hated the head unit with the passion, it worked and did what it was suppose to do but if you notice the Jeep Wrangler line gets Dodges last gen stuff, even the new screens were found in past Chrysler products. When I picked this JL up I didn’t feel the need to change the head unit or the sound system (I have the 8.4” and upgraded alpine). Sounds great imo, not as clear as my F150 b&o but far more bass and more fun.

I’m not getting to excited, any new vehicle makes one happy so I’m waiting a month or two before deciding (just finished driving through some fields with about a foot of snow, I can say it feels soft va my old one felt hard, think hard made me more confident).
When you have a 10 year cycle for vehicles, they will always be behind in some sort of technology roll out. I was really impressed that they did an interior refresh on the JK. That was pretty crazy. They however didn't focus on the technology too much.

You have to make the new model appealing and cause product interest. I think they mostly nailed THAT with the JL.

(I have the same aduio setup. It's more than sufficient. )
Sponsored