Sponsored

How does the 2.0T respond to bigger tires?

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Thanks everyone. It sounds like the 2.0T powered JL's are pretty much like other Jeeps. The JLUR needs 37s, but I was hesitant to go to 37s with the smaller engine. Yet I didn't want to have to endure a case of 2"-itis, where you change from 33s to 35s, just to spend even more money going to 37s. Financially it is better to just skip 35s altogether.
I went to 37's on my 2018 2dr 2.0T+Etorque. 100lbs a tire and I ride with the spare. 20 mpg city+highway. Still have stock sport axels - one was rear was replaced before any of this stuff was installed. 20k miles since and going strong.
Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Thanks everyone. It sounds like the 2.0T powered JL's are pretty much like other Jeeps. The JLUR needs 37s, but I was hesitant to go to 37s with the smaller engine. Yet I didn't want to have to endure a case of 2"-itis, where you change from 33s to 35s, just to spend even more money going to 37s. Financially it is better to just skip 35s altogether.
you will be surprised at the power of that 2.0. My 2.0 has more get-up than any of the V6 jeeps I have had and my 37's had no noticable change in power. I lost a couple miles per gallon and thats it

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
0-60 on stock 33’s with tools, recovery gear, and 500lbs worth of passengers was 7.0s flat according to the tazer. With 37’s, 2.5” lift, winch, and spare tire relocation bracket with the same passengers 0-60 went up to 7.6-7.7s. Added the superchips td3 and on the 93 octane tune it is back to 6.9-7.0s 0-60. I’d say the 2.0t responds very well, better than the 3.6 in my opinion, to larger tires. If I regeared I’d likely be as quick as stock without the tune which is pretty impressive. We’ve been on 38’s for the last month, with no noticeable loss of performance. The 38” patagonias are lighter than the 37” Yokohama x-mts they replaced though.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I went to 37's on my 2018 2dr 2.0T+Etorque. 100lbs a tire and I ride with the spare. 20 mpg city+highway. Still have stock sport axels - one was rear was replaced before any of this stuff was installed. 20k miles since and going strong.
This kind of MPG sound magical. I have 35s” with the 2.0 non etorque and Here in Michigan during the winter I am getting 14mpg. Maybe the etorque helps.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
This kind of MPG sound magical. I have 35s” with the 2.0 non etorque and Here in Michigan during the winter I am getting 14mpg. Maybe the etorque helps.
Yeah, I'm not seeing a lot of members here getting 20mpg. Before the recalibration of the tires size I was getting 15-16 (Fallen Wildpeak AT3W 37x12.50r17) This is my daily and I put about 25k miles on it a year. Normally, it's just me and my wife - no kids, our dog is 5lbs🤣

I still have metal bumpers, and the 5th tire on the back. I've done 21k miles so far with this setup going to hit a year by Mid May.

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Yeah, I'm not seeing a lot of members here getting 20mpg. Before the recalibration of the tires size I was getting 15-16 (Fallen Wildpeak AT3W 37x12.50r17) This is my daily and I put about 25k miles on it a year. Normally, it's just me and my wife - no kids, our dog is 5lbs🤣

I still have metal bumpers, and the 5th tire on the back. I've done 21k miles so far with this setup going to hit a year by Mid May.
I have a steel bumper with winch, rear steel OEM bumper and the 392 suspension that gave me 2” lift plus the baja boss ATs in 35x12.5 on OEM rims. After the lift I saw a drop in fuel economy especially with the winter fuel blend. I need to wait until summer for the fuel blend to change to see what mpg I will get.

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is ok but no longer peppy as it was stock. Off-road, in low, etc seems fine. I feel the tran temp raises higher than it used to. I feel that it is a need, for me to regear 5.13 but so far have not found a reasonable shop. My local dealer wants about 2.8k and other shops want 3k to 4k. This summer is for sure, it will be regeared. Hope that helps.

Jeepaddict76

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I wonder how much difference you are feeling due to the e torque.
Newer 2.0 do not have it.
My 21 JLUR on 37's w factory 4.10's is a blast to drive on road and off. This little 2.0 (non etorque) has more than enough power with factory gearing. Before driving I planned on regearing but after almost 1 year of daily driving it's at the very bottom of my list.

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
My '21 Rubicon 2.0 has the Mopar lift and Falken Wildpeaks 315's. No loss in power after the mods, but around town the mpg is around 16.5 when I keep it at around 65 mph max. Drops to abt 15.5 when I push to 75. However, did a round trip from Scottsdale to Silverton/Ouray/Telluride CO in July. Three adults, grandsons (7&4), loaded and a hitch mount full cargo carrier. Did Ophir & Imogene passes. Overall averaged 21.1 mpg. I was pretty darn pleased with the overall performance and at elevation.

PXL_20210626_171814293.jpg

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
0-60 on stock 33’s with tools, recovery gear, and 500lbs worth of passengers was 7.0s flat according to the tazer. With 37’s, 2.5” lift, winch, and spare tire relocation bracket with the same passengers 0-60 went up to 7.6-7.7s. Added the superchips td3 and on the 93 octane tune it is back to 6.9-7.0s 0-60. I’d say the 2.0t responds very well, better than the 3.6 in my opinion, to larger tires. If I regeared I’d likely be as quick as stock without the tune which is pretty impressive. We’ve been on 38’s for the last month, with no noticeable loss of performance. The 38” patagonias are lighter than the 37” Yokohama x-mts they replaced though.
Seeing the writing on the wall will fuel prices, I guess I might as well ask if you’ve realized any economy changes for the worse or better with the tuning. Anything worth mentioning?

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Seeing the writing on the wall will fuel prices, I guess I might as well ask if you’ve realized any economy changes for the worse or better with the tuning. Anything worth mentioning?
Average went from low to mid 15's up to 17 consistently. Not earth shattering but definitely better. We've always run premium fuel anyway, so it is saving us about 10% on fuel costs.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Average went from low to mid 15's up to 17 consistently. Not earth shattering but definitely better. We've always run premium fuel anyway, so it is saving us about 10% on fuel costs.
Same here. I like to get all of my power. You running premium prior to tuning takes that octane variable out so you can see if the average mpg change was due to the tuning. Is a PCM swap required?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Same here. I like to get all of my power. You running premium prior to tuning takes that octane variable out so you can see if the average mpg change was due to the tuning. Is a PCM swap required?
Yes pcm swap is required, but it's fairly painless. One thing I don't like is they send you the tuner, but require the serial number off the tuner before they'll ship you the unlocked pcm. At that point you have a tuner you can't use until they send the pcm. It was only ~5 extra days but I still can't figure out why they can't ship it all together? You download the stock files before disconnecting the old pcm, perform the swap, upload the files, and then you're free to tune. The td3 is nice as it let's you display a bunch of gauges, perform 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs compete with a tree, read and clear dtc's and a bunch of other things aside from the tuning.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
I've got a 2020 JLUR wit the 2.0, Icon stage 2, and 37" KO2's and have no issues at all. It can still scoot leaving a stop light and no issues on highway. I average right at 15.4 mpg, with mostly city driving.
Same 2021 JLUR. I wheel it extreme with 35's does great. Going to 37 or 38's soon and will re gear to 5:13
Sponsored