Sponsored

How does everyone mount their cell phones?

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I use a proclip as well. They are great but pricey. I've used them in all of my vehicles for years. Get the universal phone mounts!

Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? IMG_20200531_133438085_HDR (1)

Msilvs777

First Name
Silver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
I use a proclip as well. They are great but pricey. I've used them in all of my vehicles for years. Get the universal phone mounts!

Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? IMG_20200531_133438085_HDR (1)
We added this just before a road trip with a 6" magnetic strip from Amazon. Holds two cells phones or our 10" tablet perfectly!

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Here is a quality ball mount for the grab bar bolt: https://www.carolinametalmasters.com/products/jl-grab-bar-ball-mount
You can then use a RAM mount - search amazon? Or what I did, I got the 20mm ball version from CMM and got the 67designs mini arm and phone mount.
I took the cheap way out, ordered RAM 1” ball with screws, cut screw down to ~2”, drilled out plastic in grab handle and screwed it all together..
Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? DDF155BF-EDB5-44D0-A5A3-42F75189A0F1

Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? D73C59FA-0871-4730-963B-7E19F594393A

debatable if it was worth the time spent haha.. but good results in the end.
The factory screw has funny thread, best I can tell it’s like M6 x1.5
Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? 8F3ACB12-C8A8-41A7-B281-F0DE22BE967B

P.S. everything on amazon is counterfeit. :mad: Pretty sure the mount I ordered was. Just order from ram.

Mikiejag

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding, 2020 JL Black and tan
Wait, that's a key holder? I LITERALLY thought that was a slot for a cell phone... and thusly..... now i feel stupid.
Don't feel stupid. I did the same thing. It just fits in there so well...lol...besides keys are in pocket.

Sponsored

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I swapped from the iOttie Quick One Touch v2 to the RAM Mounts Quick-Grip. They're both wireless chargers, which is what I wanted. But the RAM Mounts version has a Kung Fu grip and is waterproof. I honestly think that if I rolled down a mountain my phone would still be in the mount when they peeled back the wreckage. And there's an optional secondary tension band you can use to make it grip even tighter. I'm pretty sure they designed it based on a car crusher. This thing is burly! Highly recommend.

Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? IMG_5614.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? IMG_5613.JPG

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Wait, that's a key holder? I LITERALLY thought that was a slot for a cell phone... and thusly..... now i feel stupid.
One man's opinion - I think that's a bit of clever designing by Jeep. They could have easily made the Wrangler keys much smaller. I think they intentionally made the keys to be about as tall and thick as present smart phones + case are wide and thick. If it was *just* a key holder, they could have made the system smaller, but they didn't. Intentionally dual purpose.

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
i am not sure what this slot is for, but i have been using it to put my phone there in stand up position. works for me. i dont use the X [crossed slot] for phone, as i have a tendency to throw random stuff like keys in the cupholder and the iphone screen gets scratched when these things hit.

Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? IMG-0302
Jeep Wrangler JL How does everyone mount their cell phones? IMG-0303.JPG

Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Mine is in a seat sleeve between seat and console. Wired to USB port in console thru e brake slot and hole drilled in console. Use phone 96% of time thru dash or voice. Rarely ever touch it or need to see it. No picture as it's pretty much 100% invisible.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Mine is in a seat sleeve between seat and console. Wired to USB port in console thru e brake slot and hole drilled in console. Use phone 96% of time thru dash or voice. Rarely ever touch it or need to see it. No picture as it's pretty much 100% invisible.
Great option, thank you. As a counter, I often find myself using CarPlay for navigation and using my phone to text or internet search, etc. Not what I consider ideal, since it’s a pain to tap the phone while in my grab bar mount, but serves multiple purposes.
When possible I do use UConnect Nav and minimize phone tapping. I admit I don’t try to use voice controls, usually because my kids are either screaming or asleep:lipssealed:
I want to experiment more with the audio controls however..

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Great option, thank you. As a counter, I often find myself using CarPlay for navigation and using my phone to text or internet search, etc. Not what I consider ideal, since it’s a pain to tap the phone while in my grab bar mount, but serves multiple purposes.
When possible I do use UConnect Nav and minimize phone tapping. I admit I don’t try to use voice controls, usually because my kids are either screaming or asleep:lipssealed:
I want to experiment more with the audio controls however..
Our kids are in college and working. Android Auto works well plugged in. Does whatever I need. Call out, text someone, find gas or groceries when we roll into small towns

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I have this exact same setup and it's fantastic! My Pixel 3 XL has never fallen out and it doesn't shake at all. If i had to do it over again, I'd change nothing.
I have the small arm and the mini arm, not sure which one I like better.
Sponsored