Sponsored

How does everyone mount their cell phones?

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Being a 2 yr old post how has this setup held? I have an iPhone xsmax and bought the rugged ridge holder and regretted it after about 5 min of driving and one pothole!
I can't give a long term review because mine just came in the mail yesterday. but I installed last night and its really nice. Like, I had a super hard time spending 80$ or whatever it is. but when I opened the box, it is MUCH nicer than I expected. and rock solid on the dash so far. Before I ordered last week I messaged Mo on JL Life. he has 2 of them (1 in each jeep) for about 9 months and said its worth it.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I can't give a long term review because mine just came in the mail yesterday. but I installed last night and its really nice. Like, I had a super hard time spending 80$ or whatever it is. but when I opened the box, it is MUCH nicer than I expected. and rock solid on the dash so far. Before I ordered last week I messaged Mo on JL Life. he has 2 of them (1 in each jeep) for about 9 months and said its worth it.
Thanks for the reply. And yeah I guess be glad they told you go that route. I had to buy some amazon straps to go around my phone so it wouldn’t pop out all the time. The slightest bump makes my phone hit the passenger. And I paid about 65 for the mount when i first got my jl.

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Well hopefully a better 89 dollars spent. Probably going to sell off my rr mount to a lucky buyer at a discount.

Stomper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Being a 2 yr old post how has this setup held? I have an iPhone xsmax and bought the rugged ridge holder and regretted it after about 5 min of driving and one pothole!
I got the Bulletproof Mount and it holds the phone nice and tight even comes with a GoPro mount. Customer service is great. I had posted A picture of my set up and they reached out to me to fix A problem I didn't know I had. The passenger side mount I put together holds my tablet great also. My driver side is the regular the passenger is the metal both ate great. Go and check them out. Just going to the website ya get a code for 10% ya first order. If ya Vet or LEO FB message them.

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I got the Bulletproof Mount and it holds the phone nice and tight even comes with a GoPro mount. Customer service is great. I had posted A picture of my set up and they reached out to me to fix A problem I didn't know I had. The passenger side mount I put together holds my tablet great also. My driver side is the regular the passenger is the metal both ate great. Go and check them out. Just going to the website ya get a code for 10% ya first order. If ya Vet or LEO FB message them.
Wish I saw this about 15 hours ago. But I got it for 89$ so I’m fine with it as long as I don’t get smacked by my shooting phone from hell cause of my current setup!

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
It's holds up great, like day one! I only wish all my non Jeep vehicles had the same setup.

Well worth the investment!

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My phone is to long and it flops around. But I used this spot befor aswell. Just don’t like it for using my phone as a gps
Same. I used to use this spot too. It worked okay for my iphone. However, It made it annoying to check your phone while you're driving. Especially if there was a cup in each cup holder. Also, for those without proximity sensors, I think that is the spot intended for the key fob. I tried putting my key elsewhere, but I never found a good spot.

Sponsored

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Same. I used to use this spot too. It worked okay for my iphone. However, It made it annoying to check your phone while you're driving. Especially if there was a cup in each cup holder. Also, for those without proximity sensors, I think that is the spot intended for the key fob. I tried putting my key elsewhere, but I never found a good spot.
It’s a key holder. Perfect for the the key. And the dealer puts my. Keys there all the time.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought my first Wrangler, so I'm still learning about all the accessories available. I just did my first highway roadtrip and found my Garmin GPS would not stay put on top of the high and narrow JL dash. Anyway I built a quick change magnetic system to hold the GPS/phone/dashcam that seems to work well for now. In case anyone is interested you can find the DIY video here:

Kidcia

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Too all those who recommended the 67designs phone mount I very much appreciate you and your knowledge! Best phone mount I’ve had in any car. Absolutely amazing fit and finish. I absolutely love it. Didn’t need the 3m to hold it down or anything even tho since it’s there why not use it. But I’m a happy jeeper with it!