Sponsored

How does everyone mount their cell phones?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Ordered Ram Mounts parts/pieces from Amazon and rigged this setup.. I don't like my phone sitting so high.

20181027_120800.jpg

20181027_140849.jpg

20181027_122150.jpg
What mount is that for the grab handle? I'd like something like that for my ipad for trails/maps

tomahawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray ordered 16 Aug delivered 11 Sep.,,2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 Hemi, Traded 2017 JKU Big Bear, 2012 Ford Focus.
What mount is that for the grab handle? I'd like something like that for my ipad for trails/maps
Got off of Amazon plus what ever socket arms you may need/want

Ram Mount.PNG

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone.... I am wondering why people are mounting their phone. CarPlay provides access to text, maps, phone, etc. So I have ended up just putting my phone under the arm rest in the big compartment. I am sure depending on what you put in this compartment...that might be a bad idea. But curious as to what everyone is using on their phone that is not accessible via CarPlay.

Now, although I put my phone in the compartment. I often forget I put it in there and then go scurrying about wondering where I left it. I am thinking mounting it would solve this problem so I am searching for options.
Hey 8 don’t use car play often because I can not figure out how to toggle from the nav to the phone and back. I can’t remember right now, but I know I know I can get into car play but cannot get back out. Any help would be great.

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
Here's a series of mounts including cell phone using Ram Mounts-on the dash you utilize the screws under the rubber coin holder and on the grab bar replace the useless fake screws with a ram ball-ram mount and gun magnet. The "standard" magnet mounts will not hold your phone on a rough trail.
jl01.jpg
jl02.jpg
jl03.jpg
jl04.jpg
jl05.jpg

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Awesome setup Tim. Would you still recommend this mount? Currently shopping for one
Yes, I still like that option for charging and for when I use Android Auto (since you don't need to see the phone screen), but I recently installed the Rugged Ridge Multi Dash Mount, and this makes for a much more useful setup. When the weather warms up, I'll figure out a way to hardwire a USB port somewhere behind it.

IMG_20190205_123013.jpg

Sponsored

Deleted member 29479

Yes, I still like that option for charging and for when I use Android Auto (since you don't need to see the phone screen), but I recently installed the Rugged Ridge Multi Dash Mount, and this makes for a much more useful setup. When the weather warms up, I'll figure out a way to hardwire a USB port somewhere behind it.

IMG_20190205_123013.jpg
Awesome, thanks for the recommendation

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
built a low-key version of the vector system, because theirs seems like way too much money for something I won't use that much. the vector may be a good investment for others, but would rather put the little cash available to something more functional for me. I built this for about $20, then another $50-60 for the mounts and phone holder. keeps the center cubby free for other stuff too, which is the only thing I didn't like about the 67d rail. will have to make some slots in the rubber mat that goes back in there, but otherwise seems to work well enough.

corner bracket and mending plates (bent plate to about 30 degrees or so to make level), painted black, from Home Depot, less than $10

24" POWERTEC 71065 Double-Cut Profile Universal T-Track with Predrilled Mounting Holes (had to drill one more hole to match spacing - $10
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XSZP2ZV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

ram mount phone holder - $25
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7B2NV4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 short arms (Ram Mount Composite Short Double Socket Arm for 1-Inch Ball Bases) - $10/ea

2 mounting balls (Yak Attack Screwball with MightyBolt) - $10/ea

with the short arm and the bolts from the track sitting on a thin pad on the dash, essentially no shaking of the phone except on severe washboard.

IMG_9315.JPG

IMG_9314.JPG

IMG_9319.JPG

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Here's a series of mounts including cell phone using Ram Mounts-on the dash you utilize the screws under the rubber coin holder and on the grab bar replace the useless fake screws with a ram ball-ram mount and gun magnet. The "standard" magnet mounts will not hold your phone on a rough trail.
jl01.jpg
jl02.jpg
jl03.jpg
jl04.jpg
jl05.jpg
This is cool. How did you mount the RAM to the grab bar? A little more detail please?

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
This is cool. How did you mount the RAM to the grab bar? A little more detail please?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TRIXU/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005J43I56/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JQNRTDI/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The first link shows the ball attachment that fits perfectly on the screws under the rubber coin holder. I cut the rubber thing in three pieces-cutting out just enough for the ram mount to fit and replaced the rubber pieces. Works fine. I put some Gorilla contact cement (removable you decide to move it) on the mount where it touches the back of the coin holder and some on the screws that attach the balls-probably not necessary, but It will be a little extra security to keep the mount from moving L or R and the screw tight. So far absolutely no issues. Once the ball is in place you can use any configuration of RAM arms etc. It keeps my GPS low enough to see over it the other side is used for my Garmin InReach.

The second link is what I used on the passenger grab bar for phone mounts. I replaced the ram provided screws with these screws - the "screws" holding the grab bar are fake. These self tapping screws hold great and are the proper length. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GIBCBKC/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The third link is a great ram device that will fit on the passenger or driver side grab bar if you have some extra things to mount. (no photo)

140319-bc953042173a1aed145d5d9bbaf9da4b.jpg

140320-7a00b278cbf433d4746d13255a663189.jpg

140317-da03b900c1ed076f9e58bbb001d9e21f.jpg

140318-7fee1a6d2a9ce376b05340376e2413f8.jpg
Sponsored