Sponsored

How does everyone mount their cell phones?

Denali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I use this Scosche magnetic mount that I picked up on Amazon. I don't really use the phone itself while driving, but I like to have Carplay available, which means my phone is always plugged in. My biggest motivation for getting a mount was to avoid wires strewn all over the cab. My criteria included: relatively low profile, no adhesives that would need to attach to the phone/case, sturdy enough to avoid annoying vibrations, something that can articulate for different angles.

Happy to say that this little guys meets all criteria. I have an iPhone X. The magnetic plate sits between the back of the phone and the case. It has an adhesive backing, but I don't use it and it the plate has never moved since installing it. It's thin enough that it adds virtually no thickness. I think they sell the plates in other colors too to match different phone backings. Igot a short lightning cable that is permanently plugged into the dash USB outlet. The other end hangs on to a little clip on the back of the mount, so it's always ready.

IMG_0348.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I just use a suction mount to the windshield on my TJ. There's also not a lot of room for anything in a TJ. But it has never fallen off and keeps the phone at eye level when I'm trying to view trail maps offroad. I'll probably use the same on my JLUR when I get it until I can find something more permanent that I like. I'm definitely seeing a lot of good ideas here.

upload_2018-9-26_12-26-2.png

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
My dash mount arrived today from Amazon. I replaced the cable with a shorter 3A USB-C. Very fast to put the phone in and pull out.

IMG_20180723_134005.jpg
How is this working out for you? Think this would work with a phone case?

Sponsored

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it works with a case, even a big one. I can't take a photo of my phone in it because... :camera:
I see negative reviews about the charge cord must you use the one provided or can you use your own? And have you had any issues with the adhesive? All and all would you recommend this?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I see negative reviews about the charge cord must you use the one provided or can you use your own? And have you had any issues with the adhesive? All and all would you recommend this?
I threw out the provided cord the moment I opened the package. I replaced it with a very short USB-C to USB-C to get my 3A charge. This holder works very well for my needs. I have no complaints, but it's only been 3 months.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS

Sponsored

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got this and love it: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MLZZ7KA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It doesn't have wireless charging, and is a little more work to put the phone in, but it plugs in power/carplay for me (as its a dock) and holds onto the phone nice and tight.
613TXbTo6bL._SL1000_.jpg

Note: I also ended up heating/melting/bending the mount to better fit the contour on the dash bezel near the A/C vents.
This is the one I'm going to order when I get my Jeep.

Nubby

First Name
Ma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
67 design is money! It is so solid and if I need to touch the phone while in the car, the location is perfect. Great product!

BLU3TURF

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Grand Cherokee WK2
Occupation
Vehicle Wrapper, Graphic Artist