Sponsored

How does everyone mount their cell phones?

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I like these and they're cheap:
https://www.natomounts.com

I use one in my JK on the windshield. I haven't done anything yet for my JLU, but the mounting options seem to be better with the newer Jeep.

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase

Tingedrook

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Saw this mount at Bantam, looked like a great way to mount a cell phone. I haven't pulled the trigger yet cause it's a bit pricey for a cell phone mount but I can't find anything else I like so I'm probably gonna ordered one soon.

Screenshot_20180731-204628.png

Fcmalie

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Saw this mount at Bantam, looked like a great way to mount a cell phone. I haven't pulled the trigger yet cause it's a bit pricey for a cell phone mount but I can't find anything else I like so I'm probably gonna ordered one soon.

Screenshot_20180731-204628.png
I've got those on order for my wife's jeep. Got the mirrors and everything for doorless. I'll let you know how they look when they come in, just shipped yesterday.

Sponsored

Fcmalie

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I got these put in today, the 1" ball mount is as solid as if it came from the factory. Need to get a RAM phone mount to attach the phone, but I think they are well worth the price.

20180803_093249.jpg

20180803_093244.jpg

El-Jefes-Red-Rubi

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon
Has anyone seen a clamp style that could go around the dash handle in front of the passenger seat? I've tried using stick on magnetic mounts but the GA and FL sun kill the double stick tape and it keeps falling off.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR

Sponsored

skleiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S JL - Sting Grey
Steelie Car Kit Mount and a Pitaka QI magnetic wireless charge pad. Works awesome!

I'm thinking of upgrading to the bigger screen so I'll have to find a new spot but for now this is solid!

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I'm looking at a JLU Sport S with Technology Group. Does the Uconnect 4 with 7" display show navigation or maps? I've never seen it in operation. I use my Android phone to navigate. If not for that, I'd rather not mount it.

dcarey13

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Hi Everyone.... I am wondering why people are mounting their phone. CarPlay provides access to text, maps, phone, etc. So I have ended up just putting my phone under the arm rest in the big compartment. I am sure depending on what you put in this compartment...that might be a bad idea. But curious as to what everyone is using on their phone that is not accessible via CarPlay.

Now, although I put my phone in the compartment. I often forget I put it in there and then go scurrying about wondering where I left it. I am thinking mounting it would solve this problem so I am searching for options.
Hi - I tried just putting in the armrest, but then Siri doesn't work because it can't hear me! So if I want to send a text or make a call using Carplay, no bueno.
Sponsored