How do you wash your Jeep in the winter

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I like to try and keep the exterior of my Jeep clean when I can and being in new England with temperatures firmly below freezing, it can be tough to wash the Jeep (to get all that salt and grime off).

I've tried using touch less car washes, but they tend to use some harsh chemicals to strip the dirt off the car (my sealant that I apply before the winter doesn't even make it sometimes more than 3 months even though it's rated to 12 months).

I opted to give a cordless washer a shot and have generally been happy with being able to load a 5 gallon bucket with warm water and just rinsing the Jeep (dirt comes off easier due to the protection of the sealant applied before winter). I'm not affiliated with Worx but this is the product I purchased (https://www.worx.com/20v-hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg620.html)

So outside of moving to the south or not washing the Jeep when it's too cold, curious what others are doing?
Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I like to try and keep the exterior of my Jeep clean when I can and being in new England with temperatures firmly below freezing, it can be tough to wash the Jeep (to get all that salt and grime off).

I've tried using touch less car washes, but they tend to use some harsh chemicals to strip the dirt off the car (my sealant that I apply before the winter doesn't even make it sometimes more than 3 months even though it's rated to 12 months).

I opted to give a cordless washer a shot and have generally been happy with being able to load a 5 gallon bucket with warm water and just rinsing the Jeep (dirt comes off easier due to the protection of the sealant applied before winter). I'm not affiliated with Worx but this is the product I purchased (https://www.worx.com/20v-hydroshot-portable-power-cleaner-wg620.html)

So outside of moving to the south or not washing the Jeep when it's too cold, curious what others are doing?
Been lucky enough to have some above freezing days here in central NH so I just take every opportunity mother nature has given me. Either that or bring my own bucket to a self serve bay.

FB_IMG_1642984925817.jpg

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Car wash, unlimited plan. Get my jeep washed every 2-3 days during the winter. I got enough pin stripes in the paint from offroading you'll never notice the swirl marks from a car wash 🤣

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
So I just ordered my first jeep but haven't received it yet. Never thought about washing it. So I can't take it through a car wash?

Sponsored

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
Winter is tough. I have seen videos of that Worx sprayer and it looks like a good product. You may want to check out some youtube videos on what you are trying to get done. I know there are several soap products designed for a more spray on, wipe off type lifting. Griots makes one and and there are a few others I just can’t remember the manufacture right now

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
So I just ordered my first jeep but haven't received it yet. Never thought about washing it. So I can't take it through a car wash?
Ok…you’re gonna get a LOT of different answers on that one….
I have a hard top and have no issues going through a car wash if I need to. Soft top maybe not so much…? Best option is if you can do a do-it-yourself power wash just to get the salt off.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Northern Washington State here: if the temps get above 40F and the sun comes out, you can find me outside washing my cars.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm in the same boat with you. here in ny the cold weather is holding me back in getting the jeep washed or at least wash the salt and crap off the belly. my idea was to hit the self wash and just power wash the salt off. the problem is that the facility doesnt turn on the power washer on when its cold. i could do a regular wash, but thats useless and it doesnt provide enough pressure to get all the soap off. also $4 for 4 mins is a waste of $$$. i would have to spend $24+. i'm going to see what this other place has to offer. they are an oversize wash place that deals with larger trucks and big rigs. the last wash on the jeep was done at the end of october.

OP
OP

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Been lucky enough to have some above freezing days here in central NH so I just take every opportunity mother nature has given me. Either that or bring my own bucket to a self serve bay.

Jeep Wrangler JL How do you wash your Jeep in the winter FB_IMG_1642984925817
Very clean looking. Nice job. My problem is the hose is usually frozen so even if I see a day or two above freezing, hose is still a no go (don't want to store a 100ft hose inside the house)

OP
OP

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Car wash, unlimited plan. Get my jeep washed every 2-3 days during the winter. I got enough pin stripes in the paint from offroading you'll never notice the swirl marks from a car wash 🤣
Haha. I'm a bit more anal about scratches at the moment

OP
OP

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
In my case it's how do you wash your Jeep in the Summer?
Waterless products may be best for the too hot summers as your usually cleaning dust versus salt and grime?
Sponsored