Sponsored

How do you use the vehicle finder feature from Sirius Gaurdian ?

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I got an email from Sirius XM saying to renew my XM guardian subscription services and I see that it has a vehicle finder feature and I want to know how to use it? Anyone know?
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to pay their overpriced subscription?

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure, mines going to expire next month, is the price negotiable?
No. I don't like Sirius and only take it if it free. Had my JK into dealer to determine why it was overheating. They gave me a free three month XM subscription but Sirius would not honor it because I had replaced it with an aftermarket. I would have to give them my credit card number and pay a fee to get the free three months.
So I don't think they will negotiate.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Not sure, mines going to expire next month, is the price negotiable?
Not sure about Guardian, but I've negotiated "less than list price" with SiriusXM for years with the threat of cancelling altogether. YMMV...

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
All free map apps have the car parked feature. I have Gaurdian free for now, never used vehicle finder. Not once.

Also Satelite sound is prettty bad. Better to create your own playlists and use USB. Much better quality.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
I got an email from Sirius XM saying to renew my XM guardian subscription services and I see that it has a vehicle finder feature and I want to know how to use it? Anyone know?
I use it an I like having XM for the news, Howard Stern, and ad free music,and yes they will negotiate with you.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
All free map apps have the car parked feature. I have Gaurdian free for now, never used vehicle finder. Not once.

Also Satelite sound is prettty bad. Better to create your own playlists and use USB. Much better quality.
Agreed, my biggest complaint about satellite and the reason I won't pay for it is the absolutely awful sound quality. It sounds like 96kbit mp3s; it's horribly compressed.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
The couple times I tested it out, it returned "Could not locate vehicle at this time."
Which makes me think it can only locate it your vehicle if it's on????

If so, seems pretty useless unless your tracking your spouse or kids. :)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The couple times I tested it out, it returned "Could not locate vehicle at this time."

You sir are scary! But I like it :devil:

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

It does work when it's not running (in my experience anyway). I think it's more that it uses AT&T service, which depending on where your Jeep is can be a problem.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Some here may know this but for those that do not..

For you guys/gals with your Sirius XM / XM / Sirius Guardian subscription(s) expiring, do take the time to call their retention's people.

This is the retention's department phone number: 866-635-5020.

Only deal with the retention's dept.... in regard to renewals, don't call Sirius/XM main number.

Best bet is to do this say 2 weeks before the subscription ends and tell them you want to cancel the subscription.

Tell them you do not want to renew and that it is not worth the money in your opinion. Mumble,something like "if it was less money I might consider, but I want to cancel the subscription."

Anyway, kinda of a game that you and they play together but it always ends up with them offering you a lower price.

-Don't jump at the first price they give as if you resist they will offer you a lower price.

Now, once you come to an agreement on the price, tell them you want to be billed and that you will pay at their website.

Do NOT give the rep your charge card number.

You tell them you want the $2.00 billing fee waived, and they will usually do this.

Actually, in some states like New York, they cannot charge you a billing fee.

Ok, they will / you will come to an agreement and you end the call.

You go to their website and pay your $ them but do select the one time billing only option when you pay with a charge card there.

Just before your subscription ends (I do this 3 weeks ahead of time) you call back and do the above again.... and again you will see the same little game occur. I have been playing this game with them for years and years in regard to multiple vehicles.

*** IF anyone has success with getting a reduced $, renewal of their Sirius Guardian, subscription, please post such on the forum.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
I hate the fact that XM Radio and XM Guardian are two different services. I didn't renew XM Radio. The Guardian service is more robust in terms of features. SOS, Off Road Pages, Theft Alert, and all the remote features. I could be wrong about the Off Road Pages, but all the features that use GPS is part of the Guardian. That sucks!

EDIT: Off Road Pages are ours! No subscription needed. There was a thread regarding this.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uires-a-guardian-services-subscription.23673/
Sponsored

Last edited: