How do you update map data?

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Ignoring the question of why use the built in maps rather than your phone. Has anyone figured out how to update their map data?
Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
it should auto-download the detailed map data when you drive into a new area. Is yours not doing so?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Ignoring the question of why use the built in maps rather than your phone. Has anyone figured out how to update their map data?
I wonder the same, the map data for my area is pretty out-dated since it’s a newly developed neighbourhood (well not that new, already been 1.5 years) but some roads are not showing up.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Uses a system that runs on a Garmin if I'm not mistaken. Usually runs 1-5yrs behind depending on the area. I have streets in Las Vegas, NV that have been built for 3+yrs that aren't on the GPS. Just gotta deal with it until an update is available...

Sponsored

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Depends. I think the 8.4 actually uses TomTom maps. At least my uconnect app asks about DLing TomTom this and that.
could be - i use 8.4also... either way they're updated a lot less than the streets of the city are. 2ish yrs at least on average.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
either way they're updated a lot less than the streets of the city are.
True. Did you enter your VIN on the unconnect site to see if there are new maps available?
I normally use google, but I think the turn-by turn and especially the sign / lane information is uconnect is way better. Plus I like the instructions in the center display.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
no updates... is what it is, works for 90% of my situations and is fine.

OP
OP
joegrasse

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
it should auto-download the detailed map data when you drive into a new area. Is yours not doing so?
I meant update for the data it already has. Mine is showing its data is as of 2017 Q2 I believe.