Sponsored

How do you turn off Vehicle Health Reports?

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
This Uconnect contacting FCA is beyond creepy. I've already selected to opt out of the reports on the Mopar site, but does that mean that Uconnect will magically stop communicating with the mothership? I want to rip this thing out of my Jeep. Did I sign some authorization for this $#!t and not see it?
Sponsored

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Not sure where this will go, but I've been trying to learn more about what info is uploaded and how it is transmitted. NYTimes, WaPost have had some articles on this; sounds like the vehicle manufacturers are figuring that data collection is going to be a big part of their future. Most are very secretive on what they collect and how it will be used, and with very few options available to the customer to see what is collected or manage how it is used.

A couple questions:
Which radio do you have 5" / 7" / 8.4"?
Do you use the uConnect app on your phone or the on-board WiFi feature?
LF

OP
OP
Wranglernator

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
Not sure where this will go, but I've been trying to learn more about what info is uploaded and how it is transmitted. NYTimes, WaPost have had some articles on this; sounds like the vehicle manufacturers are figuring that data collection is going to be a big part of their future. Most are very secretive on what they collect and how it will be used, and with very few options available to the customer to see what is collected or manage how it is used.

A couple questions:
Which radio do you have 5" / 7" / 8.4"?
Do you use the uConnect app on your phone or the on-board WiFi feature?
LF
I have 8.4". I only plug in my iPhone to get Carplay, because I can't figure out how to get it otherwise, but I don't use the Uconnect app. This sort of thing really pisses me off. My dealer tracking me? When did I sign up for this?!

mskillen

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Rubicon Punkn
I get the reports I don't really mind them anymore.
I found it a little creepy in the beginning but I'm okay with it now.
I even get emails and texts, every time I go off road and let the air out of the tires.
I have the 8.4 radio in mine.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Mine quit sending them after 4 months. :facepalm:

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Not sure if there even is an option of not signing up, but it's possible that either it was on a 'first time use' uConnect screen, or it's possible that it's just what you get with uConnect (and probably most any future vehicle). You might try disconnecting the LTE antenna mounted above the soundbar. It has a short cable with a connector on it. Look up this P/N for a picture of the antenna:
Mopar Part No.:68293962AA
ANTENNA-LTE1 CELLULAR

It's most likely that's how the vehicle and user telemetric data is sent back to FCA. Folks on other threads have indicated that the uConnect system self-learns what interfaces are connected and after an initial boot or two should continue to operate without any error messages.

I do not have uConnect yet but expect to soon (vehicle upgrade) and would be interested to hear what you find. It kind of sucks that all the good features it has come married with things that we don't always want or have control over.
Sponsored