Sponsored

How do you shut off the alarm if it will not stop?

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Hi All,

How do I shut off the alarm? Pressing the unlock button on the key fob did not work. I got in the car, started it and it still stayed on. It eventually shut off on its own.

The alarm randomly went off. No one was near the Jeep and nothing seems to have set it off.

Any solutions if this happens again?

If I disconnect the main battery, will that do the trick? Or will there still be power coming from elsewhere? FYI This is a 4XE.

Thanks!
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
That's a weird problem. You may want to see if the red security light stays on or does anything weird. As for shutting it off, disconnecting the battery should do the trick. You may have to isolate each of the cables going to the positive terminal as well.

OP
OP
Moses212

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
That's a weird problem. You may want to see if the red security light stays on or does anything weird. As for shutting it off, disconnecting the battery should do the trick. You may have to isolate each of the cables going to the positive terminal as well.
Excellent call, thank you! Going from memory, 99% sure I know what you mean - main terminal has a cable connected to it near the terminal and from there to the battery.

I'm waiting to open the hood until tomorrow to save the sanity of the neighbors...

OP
OP
Moses212

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Yup seems like Jeep can’t do alarms , mine goes of sometimes when I am driving !

real fucking handy that
That's crazy! And then try to replicate that problem...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Excellent call, thank you! Going from memory, 99% sure I know what you mean - main terminal has a cable connected to it near the terminal and from there to the battery.

I'm waiting to open the hood until tomorrow to save the sanity of the neighbors...
@Moses212

The JL does not leave the factory with a engine compartment / hood alarm...

Yes, with a Tazer JL or with JSCAN you can set-up an alarm... horn honking repeatedly, when you open the engine compartment / hood.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Moses212

Are you 100% sure you did not inadvertently press the PANIC button on the fob.... Other's over the last 3 yrs have posted a scenario's like yours .... ended up was that they leaned against the fob that was in their pocket and it set off the panicalarm.... i.e. " The alarm randomly went off. No one was near the Jeep and nothing seems to have set it off. " as you mentioned in your earlier post.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
The contact inside the remote may have shifted slightly. Happens all the time in my 2009 Dodge Ram remotes. Come out to unlocked doors open windows. My coworkers sliding doors open on his minivan. Haven’t opened the Jeep remotes yet.

OP
OP
Moses212

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
@Moses212

Are you 100% sure you did not inadvertently press the PANIC button on the fob.... Other's over the last 3 yrs have posted a scenario's like yours .... ended up was that they leaned against the fob that was in their pocket and it set off the panicalarm.... i.e. " The alarm randomly went off. No one was near the Jeep and nothing seems to have set it off. " as you mentioned in your earlier post.

Thanks, and possible good deduction. I wondered the same thing, but don't even remember where the key fob was with all the commotion as I grabbed a set of keys thinking it was another car that was jammed into a tight space right in front of me (city parking). Anyhow, I asked and no one touched the car.

Strange thing was that I couldn't turn off the alarm.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, and possible good deduction. I wondered the same thing, but don't even remember where the key fob was with all the commotion as I grabbed a set of keys thinking it was another car that was jammed into a tight space right in front of me (city parking). Anyhow, I asked and no one touched the car.

Strange thing was that I couldn't turn off the alarm.

@Moses212

I suspect it indeed was the Panic button that got you....

Had you just pressed the Panic button on the fob, the honking would probably have stopped immediately.... not always guaranteed but...

Also.... be very careful in regard to advice you get on the forum in regard to how to do a total 12v power disconnect in regard to your or any JL...

No reason to pull / touch the POS cables on your Main battery.

Anyway, do your homework in regard to your JL and 12 v power kill. Fool with the POS and you can cause yourself some real headaches... again no need to fool with the Pos side of your Main.

Sponsored

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
I believe the fuse for the horn is F91, 20amp, should keep the noise down while you figure it.

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
guys and gals..

random alarm triggers is just another 'Jeep' thing, lots of threads, I have had my sensors changed and when it still did it was asked is anything blowing about in the back!:clap:

guess it could have been as the panel gaps are large enough!

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
I had the same problem.
In the end it was a faulty remote.
Got a new one and problem solved.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
guys and gals..

random alarm triggers is just another 'Jeep' thing, lots of threads, I have had my sensors changed and when it still did it was asked is anything blowing about in the back!:clap:

guess it could have been as the panel gaps are large enough!
Actually this is not true. Yes, over the last 3 yrs. there has been a hadful of posts regarding this issue but not "lots of threads".
Sponsored