Sponsored

How do you shut off the alarm if it will not stop?

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Actually this is not true. Yes, over the last 3 yrs. there has been a hadful of posts regarding this issue but not "lots of threads".
not just talking about this site, its a known alarm issue with the JL, seemingly when the rear seats are down/removed, do a smoogle ;)
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
not just talking about this site, its a known alarm issue with the JL, seemingly when the rear seats are down/removed, do a smoogle ;)
@Howi

Post a couple of links here ... Especially in regard to this "rear seat", related alarm issue. Good luck with that..

As I mentioned it is not an issue where there has been "lots of threads". Actually, I have seen none posted on this forum.

No more comments about this here for me... Have a good day.

Last edited:

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
@Howi

Post a couple of links here ... Especially in regard to this "rear seat", related alarm issue. Good luck with that..

As I mentioned it is not an issue where there has been lots of threads. Actually, I have seen none posted on this forum.

No more comments about this here for me... Have a good day.
@Rhinebeck01

not looking very far are you? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Alarm going off while driving | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Car alarm keeps going off | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

JL Overland Alarm Goes off on it's own | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

want any more my angry friend?

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
If it’s actually your alarm going off, and not panic button pressed, then you shouldn’t have been able to start your Jeep at all. Try locking the doors with either the drivers door open or off and starting it, the start button is dead. With the panic button it’ll start and drive. Also, if it’s actually the alarm going off and unlocking with the fob doesn’t do it use the key in the door but don’t forget the tailgate also has a key slot.

OP
OP
Moses212

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
@CorvZ061 and @Rhinebeck01 , thanks, I don't see how the panic was hit but seems likely that's what caused it considering I wasn't able to shut off the alarm in the normal ways... As soon I can get to a somewhat secluded area I'm going to test setting off the alarm and shutting it off in various ways. I'll also see exactly what it takes to shut off the alarm after the panic button has been set.

@Midding , fuse F91 is a great suggestion!

Just before that happened I was installing my old winch, but happens to be I didn't wire it up cause I was missing a a nut.. otherwise for sure I would have thought I caused some bigger issue..

Fun times.. thanks for the input everyone, much appreciate

Sponsored

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
So, how do you stop the alarm after the panic button has been pressed? There's nothing in the manual.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
So, how do you stop the alarm after the panic button has been pressed? There's nothing in the manual.
You just press the unlock button. It has happened lots of times to me. Usually with my keys in my pocket and climbing around fixing stuff, or wrestling with the kids.

There is no magic to turning the panic button off.

Now if your remote is malfunctioning, then all bets are off...

cab1024

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
You just press the unlock button. It has happened lots of times to me. Usually with my keys in my pocket and climbing around fixing stuff, or wrestling with the kids.

There is no magic to turning the panic button off.

Now if your remote is malfunctioning, then all bets are off...
Unlock button doesn't work for me.

Edit: I wonder if it's because i changed it so all the locks unlock when I press the unlock button. I'll switch it back and see.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Unlock button doesn't work for me.

Edit: I wonder if it's because i changed it so all the locks unlock when I press the unlock button. I'll switch it back and see.
It isn't because you changed that setting. Try with your other fob to eliminate it from equition and go from there.
Sponsored