Sponsored

How do you put the rear headrests in the up position on a 2 door JL?

coolstory

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I can't find any instructions on this and I've tried everything but the headrests on the back seat are folded down and just won't lock into the up position.
Sponsored

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Make sure the seats are fully locked into the upright position. Maybe try folding the seat down and then back up.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Push them down first.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Mine just flip up and click in place. Never had an issue.
Maybe confirm that the seat is clicked into the upright position. Also confirm that the pull straps that drop the headrests are not stuck in the pulled position. Outside of that, sounds like something is broken. You should be able to just flip them up (manually) and have them click into place easy peasy. While they fold automatically when you fold the seat, you have to manually flip them up when you unfold the seat.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Mine just flip up and click in place. Never had an issue.
Maybe confirm that the seat is clicked into the upright position. Also confirm that the pull straps that drop the headrests are not stuck in the pulled position. Outside of that, sounds like something is broken. You should be able to just flip them up (manually) and have them click into place easy peasy. While they fold automatically when you fold the seat, you have to manually flip them up when you unfold the seat.
What he said👆they should just click in the up position. Then you pull those straps to put them down. Something if definitely wrong if it’s not doing that.