Sponsored

How do you manage a naked Wrangler storage overnight?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
[I have no issue as of now, but I am considering lifting the jlur, it wont fit in the garage anymore once i do that]
How high you going to lift? There is plenty of threads on here with guys doing 2.5” lift with 37s and still fitting in standard garage doors with no problem.
Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
Seriously dude....if I had a garage that would not fit my jeep or any of my vehicles in it, I'd find a different garage. IE; time to move.

OP
OP
omg

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How high you going to lift? There is plenty of threads on here with guys doing 2.5” lift with 37s and still fitting in standard garage doors with no problem.
as mentioned in original post. stock jlur wont fit in the garage with soft top on currently. forget after lifting. only way i can fit is, lower the softtop [which i do frequently].

as someone suggested earlier, cover might be my best option.

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
My stock wrangler [softtop] does not fit the garage with softtop up.
with softtop down i am able to park in the garage.

removing doors next week. this will allow me to enjoy the wrangler and till be able to park in the garage overnight.

Question: for people who cant fit their wrangler in garage, how do you manage a naked wrangler storage overnight?

[I have no issue as of now, but I am considering lifting the jlur, it wont fit in the garage anymore once i do that]
Garage that I can't fit in would never be an option. Could you erect a free standing carport to shield it from the weather? That should accommodate a lifted jeep and saves the hassle of putting the top up every night or putting on a rain cover.

Sponsored

OP
OP
omg

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Garage that I can't fit in would never be an option. Could you erect a free standing carport to shield it from the weather? That should accommodate a lifted jeep and saves the hassle of putting the top up every night or putting on a rain cover.
thats not a bad option [carport], a temp carport is something i can definitely look into.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
as mentioned in original post. stock jlur wont fit in the garage with soft top on currently. forget after lifting. only way i can fit is, lower the softtop [which i do frequently].

My bad. Didn’t read first part well enough. Just the part about good now but not after lift. Sorry about that...

Reactions: omg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Buy a cover. I have one from quadratec, theyre cheap and super nice. I use it to protect it from the LA sun. takes me 10 seconds to put on or off. They sell special covers that cover only the open area if you only care about rain.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
My JLUS isn’t completely naked; I’m running with my Trektop in safari mode and doors on. This Quadratec cover fits perfectly over it for sitting in the driveway. If you have the OEM soft top though, it might not work.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you manage a naked Wrangler storage overnight? 0D90B144-954C-402A-ABB2-0608B0CC18DD

Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I was going to pose a similar question.

Last summer I took my Jeep on its maiden voyage to Outer Banks. The house I rented didn’t have a covered parking space. I got naked on day one, but eventually it became a pain in the arse putting the doors back on and top up every night.

This year, I have a covered parking space at beach rental. Still wondering if prolonged nakedness is ok? The cab covers I’ve seen don’t work with a folded soft top and the associated door frames.

rolly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 2DR
This is an interesting thread. To me there’s two angles here: security and weather. I think this forum has hammered down the bitter divide between those who never lock doors and those that do.

What’s a better question, what’s been people’s experience with a rain cover for overnight parking in areas that get a lot of dew/overnight moisture? My biggest concern with leaving the naked Jeep in the driveway overnight is how soaked the entire interior would get from our mid Atlantic seat overnights. Do the rain covers do a good job acting as a dew barrier?
Yes I was wondering the same. I live close to the pacific and have lots of dew every night. Lost my garage spot due to my other hobbies. Might be a dumb question, but doesn't dew only fall vertically so we just need to throw a cover over the top?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My stock wrangler [softtop] does not fit the garage with softtop up.
with softtop down i am able to park in the garage.

removing doors next week. this will allow me to enjoy the wrangler and till be able to park in the garage overnight.

Question: for people who cant fit their wrangler in garage, how do you manage a naked wrangler storage overnight?

1. Removing the Doors, Top Down..... In New York...? Now..? How...?

2. Air Down your tires until it fits & by a cheap $15 cigarette lighter air pump to pump it back up.. Still a PITA but.. least you can get it in the garage.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I ran naked from May to October.. granted my Jeep fit into my garage though...