Sponsored

How do you manage a naked Wrangler storage overnight?

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My stock wrangler [softtop] does not fit the garage with softtop up.
with softtop down i am able to park in the garage.

removing doors next week. this will allow me to enjoy the wrangler and till be able to park in the garage overnight.

Question: for people who cant fit their wrangler in garage, how do you manage a naked wrangler storage overnight?

[I have no issue as of now, but I am considering lifting the jlur, it wont fit in the garage anymore once i do that]
Sponsored

seanm001

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I don’t have a garage, I park in the driveway overnight and am topless and/or doorless as often as I can. Anyone walking or driving by would have ready access to my Jeep if they so choose. I don’t leave anything tempting in my Jeep overnight and I keep everything locked that I can. I use a Rain Gear trail cover overnight and during rain storms, takes far less time to put this on than top and doors. You might consider a Tuffy or Slipstream if you want a bit more security while parked.

Reactions: omg

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
When I have my soft top on (regardless of whether doors are on or not), I always keep the doors unlocked. My logic is that the plastic rear windows could easily be slit by a pocket knife - so anyone who really wants in my Jeep is going to get in. I just make sure to not leave anything valuable in it. And if someone wants to get in anyways, I'd rather they do so without costing me several hundred dollars to replace ripped rear windows.

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
I watch the forecast, leave it outside or...out it bag together. However for my old CJ7 I had the full rain cover. I'll be buying one soon so I can just do it that way. One problem though...I DD, so hopefully it's not really raining when I go to "put it back together. So...as previously stated. Forecast

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Mine fits in the garage but on overnight trips I remove all valuables, lock the glove box, center console, and tailgate, then I use a rain cover to keep the weather out.

JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
I usually check the weather for the next day and if it isn't gonna rain; I just leave it lol but recently I purchased one of these:
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you manage a naked Wrangler storage overnight? PAN-Quadratec-Cab-Cover-JL2DR-11081-3021

I just haven't got around to using it yet :(

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I usually check the weather for the next day and if it isn't gonna rain; I just leave it lol but recently I purchased one of these:
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you manage a naked Wrangler storage overnight? PAN-Quadratec-Cab-Cover-JL2DR-11081-3021

I just haven't got around to using it yet :(
I have one for my jlu and use it a lot in my carport. The only issue is having to fold in the mirrors. Also move the bungee tightened to under the taillight For a better fit

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I’d get one of the covers mentioned above. If you leave it topless outside remove valuables and keep everything UNLOCKED. Nothing like going out to your Jeep with a broken glove box and center console that had nothing valuable in it.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This is an interesting thread. To me there’s two angles here: security and weather. I think this forum has hammered down the bitter divide between those who never lock doors and those that do.

What’s a better question, what’s been people’s experience with a rain cover for overnight parking in areas that get a lot of dew/overnight moisture? My biggest concern with leaving the naked Jeep in the driveway overnight is how soaked the entire interior would get from our mid Atlantic seat overnights. Do the rain covers do a good job acting as a dew barrier?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Remember, a soft top is never secure.