How do you like your 392 Jeep!?!?!?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
-Cold start up is always loud, regardless of exhaust mode button selected or not. It’s seriously loud, worry about waking up my sleeping baby inside the house and my enclosed garage is separate, about 20 feet, from my house.

-it’s so loud I find myself driving it most often on “quite mode” as it makes it harder to speak on speaker phone/listen to radio/ect.

-Only real negative is I find the seat headrest to be slanted to far forward (my first JL). Had to put a seat ventilation cover with an added piece of foam behind the back portion to bring the backrest far enough forward to bring seat back in vertical alignment with headrest to be comfortable for me. Worked well.
I see comments about slanted forward head rests all the time on new cars now. Seems most car manufacturers design it this way for whiplash protection.

I've seen folks remove the head rests and bend the steel rods to get a comfortable angle so it isn't constantly hitting them in the back of the head. I like Ford's solution; a ratcheting hearest.
LOUD is great. I'm glad to hear they did what 95% of people do to a V8 as soon as they leave the dealership anyway, which is make it loud.

As far as the head rest goes, I just popped mine out, flipped it around, and popped it back in. I still get a little bit of whiplash protection, but I find that not having that annoying forward slant means my neck and shoulders don't start hurting anymore.
Sponsored

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
I haven't seen a lot of feedback from those who have received their new Jeep so I thought I would start a thread. Still no ship date on mine......
We have around 1700 miles on our stock 392. These are my impressions so far.
First the performance sound is music to my ears. The engine performance is fantastic. Transmission is smooth and the paddle shifters are easy to get used to. The uconnect system is good. The Navigation system will tell you your longitude and latitude and elevation.
I am impressed with the electronics. Adaptive cruise control is really cool. Especially when going downhill.
The ride is much better than our JK. Wish it was rear wheel drive... Cruising at 70 gets around 18 mpg. 60 around 19 mpg. 55 mph will get over 20 mpg
Shopping for a better insurance rate.
Have had no issues with anything yet. Putting on a Warn 9.5cti winch as soon as the winch mounting plate gets here. Overall I think Jeep got everything right with the 392.

switz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK; 2018 Rubicon JL; 392 on order
We have around 1700 miles on our stock 392. These are my impressions so far.
First the performance sound is music to my ears. The engine performance is fantastic. Transmission is smooth and the paddle shifters are easy to get used to. The uconnect system is good. The Navigation system will tell you your longitude and latitude and elevation.
I am impressed with the electronics. Adaptive cruise control is really cool. Especially when going downhill.
The ride is much better than our JK. Wish it was rear wheel drive... Cruising at 70 gets around 18 mpg. 60 around 19 mpg. 55 mph will get over 20 mpg
Shopping for a better insurance rate.
Have had no issues with anything yet. Putting on a Warn 9.5cti winch as soon as the winch mounting plate gets here. Overall I think Jeep got everything right with the 392.
The Tazer will allow you to change to two-wheel drive, along with a ton of other stuff

Back2jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392, 2017 Rubi Recon, 1979 CJ-7, et. al.
The steering and handling (IMO) are pretty bad. Despite the power, I feel no need to actually drive fast. The Jeep is too clumsy to push hard. Highway driving is less fun than back road; I think this will be a weekend cruiser and definitely not a daily driver. (I sold my previous Wrangler and CJ after trying to daily drive them....this will be a toy.)
We thought the same thing when we picked it up and then checked the tire pressure. They were WAY off. Once we deflated to the recommended pressure it was like driving a different Jeep. HUGE difference. So I suggest checking that, and also our alignment was off (I‘ve never purchased a new car that didn’t have the alignment off).

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
So far it has exceeded all expectations. Took it for a endurance test today. It's first mall trip. It handled all the speed bumps, no tire rub and never hit the rock rails. The sound was incredible in the parking structure. Crawled up the ramps with ease. Loving it.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you like your 392 Jeep!?!?!? 20210724_130734

Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
We thought the same thing when we picked it up and then checked the tire pressure. They were WAY off. Once we deflated to the recommended pressure it was like driving a different Jeep. HUGE difference. So I suggest checking that, and also our alignment was off (I‘ve never purchased a new car that didn’t have the alignment off).
I think I need to do this…drove 300 mile today with a lot of wobble. Checked a and tires are at 40/41 psi which seems way too high. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
what tire pressures are you guys going to? ours are at 40

Back2jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392, 2017 Rubi Recon, 1979 CJ-7, et. al.
My door says 37 psi, and that’s what we deflated to. Made a big difference. But we’re running factory tires until they’re worn.