Sponsored

How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara)

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a Sahara on 5/11. Looking at people's build sheets I can't seem to figure out what determines whether you get all season or all terrain tires. Standard equipment says you get all season and none of the options list all terrain tires as part of the added options. I see Sahara build sheets that have all terrain and some that say all season. Anyone know?
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
IIRC, the Cold Weather Group triggers the All-Terrain tires.
This is incorrect.

on the Sahara the Cold Weather packege includes the heated seats & steering wheel, along with remote start.

the standard wheel & tire package includes all season.

the upgraded 18” wheels come with all terrain tires.

(goodyear wrangler duratracs on mine 2019 Sahara with the upgraded wheels)

this is per experience and the package ordering info from jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This is incorrect.

on the Sahara the Cold Weather packege includes the heated seats & steering wheel, along with remote start.

the standard wheel & tire package includes all season.

the upgraded 18” wheels come with all terrain tires.

(goodyear wrangler duratracs on mine 2019 Sahara with the upgraded wheels)

this is per experience and the package ordering info from jeep.
That is incorrect as well. Wheel selection does not dictate the tire.

My Sahara with Cold Weather came with the standard wheels and Bridgestone Dueler all-terrains, not all-seasons.

I believe these days Sahara comes with one of three tire options: Goodyear Wrangler all-season, Goodyear Wrangler all-terrain, or Bridgestone Dueler all-terrain. It depends on what options you get that determine which tires you end up with.

Standard Sahara wheel with Bridgestone Dueler ATs
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara) 1622934364385

Standard Sahara wheel with Goodyear Wrangler AT
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara) 1622935070272

Optional Sahara wheel with Goodyear Wrangler AT
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara) 1622935131516

Optional Sahara wheel with Bridgestone Dueler AT
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara) 1622935609904

Last edited:
OP
OP
JEEBBILLZ

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

My Sahara with Cold Weather came with the standard wheels and Bridgestone Dueler all-terrains, not all-seasons.
1622934364385.jpeg

I believe these days Sahara comes with one of three tire options: Goodyear Wrangler all-season, Goodyear Wrangler all-terrain, or Bridgestone Dueler all-terrain. It depends on what options you get that determine which tires you end up with.

Standard Sahara wheel with Bridgestone Dueler ATs
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara) 1622935609904

Standard Sahara wheel with Goodyear Wrangler AT

Optional Sahara wheel with Goodyear Wrangler AT
By chance do you have a picture of your sticker or build sheet I could look at and compare? At this point I can't find any correlation between any one option. Went through several build sheets on crypto and determined it's random or it's a price level thing🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
By chance do you have a picture of your sticker or build sheet I could look at and compare? At this point I can't find any correlation between any one option. Went through several build sheets on crypto and determined it's random or it's a price level thing🤷‍♂️
The build sheet doesn’t specify the tire brand, only size and type.

You may be right, though; there appears to be no rhyme or reason.

Here’s a Sahara without Cold Weather Group and Selec-Trac with Goodyear Wrangler ATs on the stock wheels
https://www.cdjrofseattle.com/auto/new-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-seattle-wa/52942533/

This is a Sahara with Cold Weather Group and Commamd-Trac with the exact same Goodyear Wrangler ATs on the stock wheels
https://www.cdjrofseattle.com/auto/new-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-seattle-wa/52140984/

In fact, when I search inventory on Jeep.com and filter for Sahara and all All-Season tires, the window stickers actually indicate having All-Terrain tires.

It would seem all Saharas now come with ATs; the only difference being whether you get Goodyear or Bridgestone.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
With the Sport if you select the anti-spin rear differential (M220) you get the Bridegestone A/Ts, at least that was the case in 2019 models, if you didn't select the Anti-Spin option you get the soccer-mom Michelin Van tires.

LSUMaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
From my 2019 Sahara sticker:
255/70R18 All–Terrain Tires
18–Inch x 7.5–Inch Tech Gray Polished Face Wheels $ 995

I chose that option.

OP
OP
JEEBBILLZ

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The build sheet doesn’t specify the tire brand, only size and type.

You may be right, though; there appears to be no rhyme or reason.

Here’s a Sahara without Cold Weather Group and Selec-Trac with Goodyear Wrangler ATs on the stock wheels
https://www.cdjrofseattle.com/auto/new-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-seattle-wa/52942533/

This is a Sahara with Cold Weather Group and Commamd-Trac with the exact same Goodyear Wrangler ATs on the stock wheels
https://www.cdjrofseattle.com/auto/new-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-sahara-seattle-wa/52140984/

In fact, when I search inventory on Jeep.com and filter for Sahara and all All-Season tires, the window stickers actually indicate having All-Terrain tires.

It would seem all Saharas now come with ATs; the only difference being whether you get Goodyear or Bridgestone.
Haha it's crazy to me that I can't nail this down. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what I get😄. Been stuck in D and I ordered on 5/11. Got gorilla glass which apparently is causing delays. Thanks for the help again!

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....

My Sahara came with the standard wheels and Bridgestone Dueler all-terrains, not the all-seasons.
1622934364385.jpeg
LOL, the entire thing seems kind of funny.

Yes & no.

the overall marketing from Bridgestone is that the Dueler tires are all season. (I worked directly with Bridgestone for the last several years as my main tire sponsor)

then under the Dueler all season umbrella, there are 3 sub models of the Dueler:
H/L Alenza, HP sport, and A/T Revo.

so while the A/T Revo is also al AT, it is first classifies as an all season tire. (Not all AT tires are all season tires)

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, the entire thing seems kind of funny.

Yes & no.

the overall marketing from Bridgestone is that the Dueler tires are all season. (I worked directly with Bridgestone for the last several years as my main tire sponsor)

then under the Dueler all season umbrella, there are 3 sub models of the Dueler:
H/L Alenza, HP sport, and A/T Revo.

so while the A/T Revo is also al AT, it is first classifies as an all season tire. (Not all AT tires are all season tires)
Perhaps. But this is not an all-season tread; it is an all-terrain tread.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara) 1622947354199

It is a comparable tread to the Goodyear Wrangler Adventurer ATs Jeep appears to be installing on all Saharas right now.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do you know if you get all terrain or all season tires? (Sahara) 1622947612878

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Perhaps. But this is not an all-season tread; it is an all-terrain tread.
1622947354199.jpeg

It is a comparable tread to the Goodyear Wrangler Adventurer ATs Jeep appears to be installing on all Saharas right now.
1622947612878.jpeg
the siping on the tread indicates that it is an all season tire.

i agree though, that if you look at the tread pattern, the first thing that comes to mind is A/T

I think it is completely a marketing decision on how they identify the tires.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You do: ditch whatever comes from the factory and upgrade.
That’s what I did. I ditched the OE tires for a set of 33-inch KO2s after the first couple weeks.