How do you get your dog into the Jeep

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
Its a pretty high jump into the back seat for my dog, higher than my old 4x4. She can make it but its not a pleasant site and she does not like it. What do others do?? Ramp of some sort?? Is there an available product?

Also.. She loves putting her paws on the center console and standing at attention. The leather in the console is going to suffer. I have a cloth over it but that does not stay on. Any covers for this??
Sponsored

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
<--- I usually open the back and she jumps in. I have the seats down most of the time when the top is on.

When I have the top off, she'll jump in through the back doors, since I have the seats up and she's connected to a tether. She loves sticking her head out the back when the top is off.

I had to train her not to stand on the console.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Mine both can jump on my bed which is higher than my lifted jku was. Still waiting on my jlur. But only my Bernese will jump into the jeep my golden won’t. He is huge for a golden. About 4 inches taller than my Bernese But she is small for a Berner and can jump much higher. Mostly I just lift their back ends up. It’s jumping out you have to watch. They can injure them selves.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a hidden storage floor in the back which makes the back cargo area 5 inches taller to jump in so I use www.ottostep.com

792044FE-C645-4965-A931-365E9834ADB2.png

Sponsored

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
I pick him up. hes only 50lbs haha

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
We have a 17 week old Newfie and got a Gen7Pets Feather-Lite Ramp. Newfies are huge and prone to hip problems, so he isn't allowed to jump. The ramp is 6 feet long and holds up to 250 lbs. (Dog will be 150-175lb fully grown.) We open the back hatch, put down the ramp, and walk him up or down it.

OP
OP

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
Does anyone use a ramp on the side and NOT from the back? If so, which do you use? The back usually is packed night before a journey so its full when its time for my dog to get in.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
My dog wouldn’t want to wait around for a ramp. He runs out of the house and jumps into the back.

Do y’all normally put your dogs in the backseat? My dog is tethered to the rear seatbelt but he gets the back area to himself. Usually the back window stays open for him.... I really enjoy not having him pant in my left ear the entire drive.

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have an 8 year old lab that seems to only be abl to jump in to the back if I get her really excited. I have to "pump" her up with a "ride" or a "treat" when we get home. Otherwise she just runs up to the jeep, acts like she will jump but then puts her front paws all over everything. I have debated getting an agility trainer to give her the confidence she needs to jump in. She jumps in to the Bronco (which has a 4" lift on it) just fine. However, I've noticed the Bronco has a bigger area to put feet when getting in. That is the only difference I can see. I am also looking at some of the good options posted here as I see I'm not the only one plagued with a dog that wont jump.
Sponsored