OP

james@15

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JL Sahara
The first ramp looks small. The height of the Jeep is much higher than whatever vehicle is in the picture. The angle would be much much steeper in the jeep and I don't think it would work. Secodn looks about the same.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
On the console cover, use the contact form on their website and ask Boomerang if they plan to make a cover like the these here. Boomerang is really responsive to questions—refer their tire covers and they are a sponsor on this forum. http://www.boomco.com/armpads/

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
My dog wouldn’t want to wait around for a ramp. He runs out of the house and jumps into the back.

Do y’all normally put your dogs in the backseat? My dog is tethered to the rear seatbelt but he gets the back area to himself. Usually the back window stays open for him.... I really enjoy not having him pant in my left ear the entire drive.
We have a kennel in back, on the 2/3rds seat side, with the seat folded down. With a puppy, especially a huge puppy, you need him more contained, and not climbing up front.

Sponsored

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
Does anyone use a ramp on the side and NOT from the back? If so, which do you use? The back usually is packed night before a journey so its full when its time for my dog to get in.
I think I'd need a 7 or 8 foot ramp (since the folded seats are higher IIRC than the rear hatch), and even then, I'm not sure how stable it would be through the door. I haven't seen anything I thought would fit.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Definitely need to get a ramp for mine. The 65 pound lab I can get in but the 109 pound lab... he can't jump and I can't lift him! Thanks for posting the ramp suggestions!

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
We have a kennel in back, on the 2/3rds seat side, with the seat folded down. With a puppy, especially a huge puppy, you need him more contained, and not climbing up front.
Ya I feel that. My dog wears a harness and is strapped in. Not enough slack to get out or more around much but enough to get comfortable and shed all over the back!

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The first ramp looks small. The height of the Jeep is much higher than whatever vehicle is in the picture. The angle would be much much steeper in the jeep and I don't think it would work. Secodn looks about the same.
I don't know your dogs situation. I have a 14 year old pit that has trouble but I just pick him up and help him. The stairs don't need to go level with the seat folded down or up. I would think it would get the dog close enough to climb in from the top step into the Jeep.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
Our Newfie* is almost 6 months old (24 weeks now), and we're looking at options to recover the rear cargo area for cargo use. I'm thinking if we unhook the limit strap (fabric) and check strap (metal), the side rear door(s) will open flat against the body if needed. Then, a ramp can be placed perpendicular to the body through the widest point of the opening. Or maybe leave the limit strap in place, so the door can still have power for the lock and window?

(*Newfies can have bad hip issues, so you don't want them jumping in and out of the Jeep.)

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Folding dog ramp. Or is and others
Sponsored