How do you get your dog in a 2dr?

CraigANRPh

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Title pretty much sums it up. I’ve got a 85lb retriever and I currently have a 4dr Sahara - no problem getting him in the backseat. Just wondering how you all are getting your big dogs into the back of your 2dr Jeeps.
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
When I had my lab and 2 dr I took the back seat out so he had a good amount of space but with the seat it's pretty much let him jump in the driver seat then over the center console to the back.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I use a ramp and I took out the back seat for our 100 lb lab mix. The little one (55 lbs and in my icon) jumps in the front. Kergo harnesses secure them both.

Jafferpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Title pretty much sums it up. I’ve got a 85lb retriever and I currently have a 4dr Sahara - no problem getting him in the backseat. Just wondering how you all are getting your big dogs into the back of your 2dr Jeeps.
I got no response to this question, probably because I posted it incorrectly, so I'm jumping onto a post that know is working. Sorry for not being part of the dog conversation, but I'll look for good suggestions. Here's me dilemma...

My wife just bought a 2021 wrangler, where I installed rhino rack rails, and installed a go rhino basket on those racks. All good for a month or so, but lately, when she hits a bump, the inside of the jeep rattles. And while I cannot pin point where it's coming from, it appears to be from the roll bar area, if not the entire hard top. Of course, when I removed everything, the rattling stopped. Ideally. looking to reinstall the racks, and would like to see who may have experienced something similar, and if you were able to resolve it. Thanks

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I got no response to this question, probably because I posted it incorrectly, so I'm jumping onto a post that know is working. Sorry for not being part of the dog conversation, but I'll look for good suggestions. Here's me dilemma...

My wife just bought a 2021 wrangler, where I installed rhino rack rails, and installed a go rhino basket on those racks. All good for a month or so, but lately, when she hits a bump, the inside of the jeep rattles. And while I cannot pin point where it's coming from, it appears to be from the roll bar area, if not the entire hard top. Of course, when I removed everything, the rattling stopped. Ideally. looking to reinstall the racks, and would like to see who may have experienced something similar, and if you were able to resolve it. Thanks
That's a hell of a thread jack.

Doesn't show the first one ever posted (you only have one post), may want to try again.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I get my large German Shepherds into my 2 door by opening any door, and saying " Jump ". They can easily get in and out with windows rolled down too...Jeep Dogs, through and Through

First Name
Chels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jeep patriot sport 2021jeep wrangler rubicon
Taking delivery of my very first 2 door here in a few weeks. My first mod is going to be a rear seat delete for my 120lb dane to be able to fit in the back(semi comfortably lol). My 70 lb mix likes the passenger seat, and my 5lb terror likes my lap. That's how we all roll now In my patriot

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Craig,

I took the back seat out pretty much the first week I had the Jeep. It's only been in for a couple of times since then.

SO

I open the tailgate and Loki hoped in, where I put a blanket and a doggy matt for his comfort. After my dumbass lifted the Jeep, I've had to lift him into the back ever since.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
I've got a 4 door, but the method would the the same in a 2 door. I keep the seats down, open the tailgate and he jumps in. 80 pound Catahoula.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
My 100-lb dane boxer mix is getting old. She struggled to get in the back seat of my 4-door before I lifted it, and now it's impossible. I realize this thread is about 2-door Jeeps, and I certainly don't mean to imply any disrespect for you guys, but I think the dog steps I use would work to get in the back of a 2-door just as well.

Foofy just couldn't get her head around any kind of ramp, and could barely grasp the stairs, but I finally did get her to figure out and use these:

Jeep Wrangler JL How do you get your dog in a 2dr? 1630527365304

It's pretty inconvenient, but yes, I lug around a giant foam dog staircase everywhere I go. It takes up a lot of room, and it's annoying, but it's easier on both of us than trying to lift an exited 100-lb dog one end at a time.

The stairs were like $70 on Amazon.
Sponsored