Sponsored

How do you adjust the center brake light for 35s

Gacpac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Wrangler, 2014 911, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2009 BMW Z4, 2014 BMW X4M
Putting on 35 KO2 tomorrow and trying to figure out how to adjust the center brake light on the spare tire carrier, removed the two bolts on each side, but still will not slide and also seems that may not be the correct procedure, couldnt find anything in the jeep book online. Or will the 35 KO2 fit fine as is with respect to the center brake light. Thanks
Sponsored

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
642C3133-5C6E-4B6B-B628-532290E7E516.jpeg
I removed the 4 screws and raised it up so that the bottom holes lined up with the top holes. I just have 2 screws in there now and it’s more than enough room for my 35.

OP
OP

Gacpac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Wrangler, 2014 911, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2009 BMW Z4, 2014 BMW X4M
642C3133-5C6E-4B6B-B628-532290E7E516.jpeg
I removed the 4 screws and raised it up so that the bottom holes lined up with the top holes. I just have 2 screws in there now and it’s more than enough room for my 35.
I removed the four screws but the light fixture wouldn't budge, feels like it was still attached, was yours free to slide after the removal of the four screws or did you have to tug really hard. thanks

Never3nuff

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR , '18 Jaguar F-Pace S
Occupation
retired
You have to lift a little on one side then the other. It’s on there tight but if you wiggle it, it will come off.

Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
Just attempted to adjust the 3rd brake light removing the 4 screws but it felt like it was still secured as the OP says. There was a bit of lateral play but wouldn’t pull up. Had to order the rough country relocation bracket for my 35” anyway so I’ll try wiggling that sucker when it comes in.

cleric7x9

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SAHARA
after you remove the screws you have to pull quite hard to get it to pop loose. i had a different issue though, now the third brake light presses on the rear windshield wiper and sometimes it gets stuck

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
after you remove the screws you have to pull quite hard to get it to pop loose. i had a different issue though, now the third brake light presses on the rear windshield wiper and sometimes it gets stuck
I think you guys may be missing something. I installed the rough country relocation bracket, which includes the instruction on how to raise the brake light. So you can download that on the web. However what you will find is that you have to give yourself some play in the wire to the brake light. To do that you have to do a little bit of disassembly of the bracket and move the interior wire to give you some play. Just an FYI though. I have 35 inch KO2’s on my jeep and I did not raise the third brake light when I did the installation and it fits just fine. There might be a slight bit of angling back where the tire presses on the bottom of the light, but it’s almost imperceptible.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

iirc, quadratec has a how to video to do this for their relocation bracket. Just watched it last weekend while installing mine.

Basically, remove the torx bolts and pull the back of the bracket off. Move the wire over which buys you a few inches. Reattach. Then top will be able to slide up. You only use two of the screws now.

Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
iirc, quadratec has a how to video to do this for their relocation bracket. Just watched it last weekend while installing mine.

Basically, remove the torx bolts and pull the back of the bracket off. Move the wire over which buys you a few inches. Reattach. Then top will be able to slide up. You only use two of the screws now.
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered from them today and didn’t notice the clip. Now it’s a waiting game on the RC bracket to arrive.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered from them today and didn’t notice the clip. Now it’s a waiting game on the RC bracket to arrive.
revising thread. Did you install the RC relocation bracket? do you like it? is there a way to reuse the rubber bump stops so the tire doesn't shake? Thanks!

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I do like it although be cautious how far you drive the bolt so you don’t make contact with the paint. Also, I pushed “rubber chair leg sleeves” over the existing bump stops to fill the void. Works very well with minimum shake.
Sponsored