Sponsored

How do y'all go about charging your winch remote?

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Keep a pack of batteries in the car.
quadstealth.JPG
Be careful of keeping spare batteries in the Vehicle, they will expire faster than you can say "what the hell happened to the Democratic Party?" Seriously though, heat is not your friend and that goes for those little touch-up paints too.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Be careful of keeping spare batteries in the Vehicle, they will expire faster than you can say "what the hell happened to the Democratic Party?" Seriously though, heat is not your friend and that goes for those little touch-up paints too.
I just bought a pack of 2 for $4. They’re in the glove box and expire late in 2021. I set a phone reminder for 20 months out to replace them. Not a big expense, less than a penny a day to be prepared.

Surfarch

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURxR
I have a different remote and is IS chargable.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do y'all go about charging your winch remote? Screenshot_20230420_164218_Chrome

I can't get it to work though. It works when plugged into the winch via the USB cable. It seems to charge if I leave it connected for a while. But if I unplug it, it won't operate the winch. Any idea why not? I've searched online and can't find anything about why, how to pair, or anything. Smittybilt just says this, makes it look so easy.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do y'all go about charging your winch remote? Screenshot_20230420_164406_Chrome

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
The 12K Superwinch on my TJR and JLR has a long life internal battery. But SW has the old fashioned batteryless plug in control. When that battery dies, I'll use the plug until I get home and replace the battery.

My $3,000 ZEON 12-S PLATINUM WINCH - considered the best winch you can buy without getting into exotics, has only a failure prone remote with the old style micro USB port to charge it. I do carry a couple USB cables, but more importantly, I bought a back up remote.
Sponsored