Sponsored

How do the Michelin LTX M/S2 street tires do in the snow?

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
So I got the all-weather street tires on my Sport S and I hate the way they look. I want something more aggressive, eventually, but its not in the budget just yet. I'm just curious how these stock tires do in the snow. Anyone out there with experience able to share?
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
LTX/MS2 aren’t bad at snow, but are even better at wet traction. Had them on my F150–blew away the Falken Wildpeaks I had OB there. Sure, it’s a road tire—safety, traction, responsiveness, and lower rolling resistance (mpg+). It’s a solid high mileage tire. Probably won’t win much fanfare here, but that is what I am upgrading to for the wife’s JL soon—“because a lot is riding on your tires”. My JL will have the more aggressive tire.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/rating...chelin&tireModel=LTX+M/S2&fromTireDetail=true

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
So I got the all-weather street tires on my Sport S and I hate the way they look. I want something more aggressive, eventually, but its not in the budget just yet. I'm just curious how these stock tires do in the snow. Anyone out there with experience able to share?
They’re pretty good, actually, for all-seasons. I plan to run them year round until they wear out. I don’t see any reason to get dedicated snows and we get dumped by lake effect snow here on the east side of Cleveland. I run General Altimax Arctics on my Mazda3 and I feel better in the Jeep on all seasons than I do in snows in the Mazda.
I agree they don’t look great but they ride nicely, are quiet, and have good traction in all conditions, IMO. No need to consider a different tire for on road driving unless you’re in a seriously snowy and remote area.

OP
OP
ForeOSU

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
They’re pretty good, actually, for all-seasons. I plan to run them year round until they wear out. I don’t see any reason to get dedicated snows and we get dumped by lake effect snow here on the east side of Cleveland. I run General Altimax Arctics on my Mazda3 and I feel better in the Jeep on all seasons than I do in snows in the Mazda.
I agree they don’t look great but they ride nicely, are quiet, and have good traction in all conditions, IMO. No need to consider a different tire for on road driving unless you’re in a seriously snowy and remote area.
Good to hear. I just bought mine in May so I’m anxious to see how they do this winter. I’m down south of Dayton so we won’t see near the amount of snow you all get. Agreed they are good performing tires. Especially in the rain - super impressed.

Sponsored

johnnymiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run them on my 07 sequoia. For 99.9% of what most people see in winter they are amazing for a non-dedicated winter tire like a nokkian or blizzak. They easily beat out my ko2s on all facets of on-road driving....until you get in the really deep stuff like 8"+ of snow. Highly recommend.