Sponsored

How do I stop my JL from reporting daily the mileage, oil condition etc.. t the Jeep dealer electronically?

gus2k

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I removed the cellular modem from my '21 JLUR yesterday. The process was simple and took about 30 minutes. Happy to write up more instructions, followed some found on another forum.

Fortunately — for now! — these devices are installed as a removable daughtercard, and the head units features degrade gracefully if removed. I could see FCA making this more difficult in the future.

Best (free) mod I've made yet, and I feel so much better without this bloatware (a) tracking me, and (b) providing always-on remote access into my car. (If you feel differently, great; I feel better + I am not out to convince anyone they need to.)

Jeep Wrangler JL How do I stop my JL from reporting daily the mileage, oil condition etc.. t the Jeep dealer electronically? 1641758135481

(Daughtercard is the PCB with the 3 pigtail connectors. You're seeing the underside with a big white splotch of thermal paste).
Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Only if you hook up the chicken wire to the second battery. I use AUX 1 so I can turn mine on/off :LOL:
I read on the Internet that if you download this paper template which gives you 1:1 scale instructions for cutting out a hat made of tin foil, it will prevent the moderators of this forum from censoring your political posts as long as you wear the tin foil hat while within Bluetooth range of the mobile device from which you are accessing jlwranglerforums.

www.just-sayin.com/webcensorblocker.pdf

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Its not much but this is the best defense I have, limits the amount of information they can get, since the amount of information you can put in is limited. No Text - No Email - turned of most everything but phone calls and contact list which is phone numbers only.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do I stop my JL from reporting daily the mileage, oil condition etc.. t the Jeep dealer electronically? 1641758135481

But I still get monthly updates from the dealer I purchased it from
Some people might think you are being facetious but a friend of mine who works for a big name investment bank received a company-issued flip phone, instead of a smartphone, for similar reasons as discussed in this thread.

Sponsored

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
There is no escaping it these days.
This is not true at all ;)

Some people might think you are being facetious but a friend of mine who works for a big name investment bank received a company-issued flip phone, instead of a smartphone, for similar reasons as discussed in this thread.
Couldn't care less about some Orwellian 🐑🐑🐑, that think those who do care about our God given Privacy and Freedoms, being stripped away from us, are being "facetious" lolll.

Linux is how I roll.

Whether it be phone, or desktop, Linux is great start ;).

Deleted member 59498

True I suppose you could get out of it. But seems every time I turn around some garbage on my phone! Every update something new installed.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I removed the cellular modem from my '21 JLUR yesterday. The process was simple and took about 30 minutes. Happy to write up more instructions, followed some found on another forum.
you posted that and didn't share the link? :mad:

gus2k

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
I knew the NSA, FBI, CIA, IRS, KGB, WWE, NRA, UPS, AIG, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CVS, CSPAN, NASA, and the ASPCA were tracking us!!! 😳

Only a matter of time before the AARP finds out, and then we will be SOL.
I do not have a problem with this as long as the vehicle warranty callers don't get wind of it.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The " opt-out" only works if you do so completely ; no keeping parts ; key words " opt- out of these services in their entirety ".
The bet is people want convenience, connectivity, and won't object to the Vampire part they can't feel or see

gus2k

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Logalinipoo

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlur diesel, 2011 grand cherokee overland sum
So have you found the GPS tracker plugged into the OBD port?

Not joking, it's in most new fashion vehicles!!!
Sponsored