Sponsored

How do I stop my JL from reporting daily the mileage, oil condition etc.. t the Jeep dealer electronically?

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
It's funny this popped up. I see our buddies at Stelentis (May be spelt wrong, and don't care) entered into an agreement with amazon. First on the agenda is to supply somewhere in the neighborhood of 150K new Ram full electric delivery Ram vans to amazon.

Second stelentis is pushing hard for new vehicles to have the ability for people to shop while driving down the road. (With help and input from amazon) I know this was talked about before, but they are pushing hard for self drive cars, so no actual driving and you will be able to go on a 2 thousand mile trip and shop to you little hearts content.

You will receive solicitations popping up at you constantly, it will all be cloud based. You will be able to shop for pretty much anything, and you will be bombarded probably way more than your cell phone is now.

Mercedes had their concept car on the news yesterday which will be self drive and includes all of this, Cadillac's concept car was on the news this morning, which is also self drive and includes all of this. They were both pushing for 2024 release dates.

All I can say is it's coming really fast, and they dam well better put TV's in them cause otherwise I will be board out of my mind. Not saying that I will actually buy one.

And they will all ultimately be powered by greed, and everything will be tracked. Access will track and bombard you to no end, just way it is getting now on your cell and computer.

And they said they are doing this based on the premise that there will never be another accident again, and never be loss of life again. Hmmm someone may need to tell tesla.

Ok, I am done. Not me.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I sell Jeeps, and part of the buying process for a majority of New Jeep's is connecting the vehicle to Sirius XM Guardian which allows lock, unlock, remote start, location, etc. from the Uconnect app. Part of that is that, yes, your data is sent to Jeep and Sirius XM... probably long after the free trial is over. There is an option to decline, however I haven't ever had a customer opt out as they all like the benefits they receive for free.

I have had a few Jeeps, a few months back I received a phone call from a Highway Trooper in another state asking if I needed assistance because my SOS button was pressed. I was perplexed at first, but then realized it was probably the new owner using it with my name still in the database. This made me think, and I was actually able to go into my Uconnect app and view all of the vehicles data as the trial was still active. I was able to deliberately remove it from my account, but it made me think of other similar situations.

I did find this privacy policy form Sirius XM, if you want to opt out of any connected services and data collection from Sirius XM there is a number to call on the first page.

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I can say that if you press the call button and ask “Jeep” for a tow truck or directions they will know exactly where you are or if you press the SOS button there too they will know exactly where you are. As an IT professional you can fill in the blanks as to how easy it is for Jeep to collect the location data from the 8 system.
Right. I was more interested in if FCA/Stellantis used good data hygiene and only transmitted longitude/latitude under those exact circumstances (SOS button, airbag deployment). If the uConnect radio is broadcasting coordinates on a more regular basis (which I want to believe is the case), then what I'd be curious enough to know is how frequent.

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, the Simple Joys of a base 2018 Sport, 5" screen. Phone connectivity not enabled. Am I safe ?
Depends. Telematics data does not require a touchscreen interface or a phone, just an onboard drive to hold the data. It then is sent via hardwire (OBD for instance) or wirelessly.

If you were in an accident, police could hook up to your Jeep to extract the data of speed, gear, brake application, engine temp, radio on/off, tire pressure, etc.

The question would be whether Jeep has an antenna installed that is capable of sending the files or if it would be collected by a dealer when you brought it in for a service. If there is an antenna, it could be collecting coordinates or use P2P to get its approximate location.

Haha - Brings all new meaning to the Jeep Wave.

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101110 01110101 01101101 01100010 01100101 01110010

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/binary-to-ascii.html

Long end of it is Jeep is either collecting the data it wants, or buying it and aligning it to the data it does collect.

OP
OP

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
Actually, I'm interested. Can you share some more examples of what kind of data was being collected? I don't think it does, but that wouldn't happen to include positional (longitude, latitude) data, would it?

It does collect vehicle location, the guy at the dealership showed me this.
Engine rpm, vehicle speed, if you are low on fuel, are some others I saw.

I can see someone may like this but I think it should be optional.
I asked the guy at dealership to have me opted out of this and he said can't be done.

Stockers must love this tech.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Found this: https://www.driveuconnect.com/privacy-policy.html

PRIVACY CHOICES If you wish to opt-out of receiving promotional communications related to the Uconnect Services, you may do so at any time by visiting Owner Connect at moparownerconnect.com. The collection and use of Collected Data is essential to providing the Uconnect Services. If you do not want this information to be collected, used, or shared, you may opt out by cancelling your Uconnect Services in their entirety by performing the Remove Uconnect Account procedure described in your owner’s manual or by contacting us as noted above.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
The opt out link has been posted multiple times y'all. If you don't want them to have the data just call them or look in your owners manual.

It's as if people just want something to be grumpy about sometimes, so maybe don't opt out so you don't have to think about what to complain about next:LOL:

Deleted member 59498

The opt out link has been posted multiple times y'all. If you don't want them to have the data just call them or look in your owners manual.

It's as if people just want something to be grumpy about sometimes, so maybe don't opt out so you don't have to think about what to complain about next:LOL:

That's no fun though! They are Jeep people have to have something! :LOL:

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
Its not much but this is the best defense I have, limits the amount of information they can get, since the amount of information you can put in is limited. No Text - No Email - turned of most everything but phone calls and contact list which is phone numbers only.
Jeep Wrangler JL How do I stop my JL from reporting daily the mileage, oil condition etc.. t the Jeep dealer electronically? masthead-phone

But I still get monthly updates from the dealer I purchased it from
Sponsored