How do I reattach my rearview mirror?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Working on installing my G screen for my Genesis dual battery system and it appears as though I pulled down too hard on the plastic trim above the windshield and my rearview mirror popped off. What is the procedure for reattaching the mirror to the bracket?
Jeep Wrangler JL How do I reattach my rearview mirror? image
Sponsored

FLTrailRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr
It looks like you broke off the plastic tabs in the 2nd photo. You can likely just order that little part that is attached with the torque screw. (I'm just guessing).

C2D2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The same thing happened to me when I was turning my mirror around for better visibility out the windshield. As memory serves, I took the mount off the roof and slid the mirror post in sideways. It then rotated to the front. It’s been a couple of years, so I may not be 100* here, but maybe that will help get your wheels turning and make sense? Be careful if you have wires to deal with.

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
Working on installing my G screen for my Genesis dual battery system and it appears as though I pulled down too hard on the plastic trim above the windshield and my rearview mirror popped off. What is the procedure for reattaching the mirror to the bracket?
push up with the post turned to the left or right and rotate 90 degrees. It should pop right in. Did the same thing today rotating the mirror around.

Hope this makes sense and helps you.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
push up with the post turned to the left or right and rotate 90 degrees. It should pop right in. Did the same thing today rotating the mirror around.

Hope this makes sense and helps you.
This. I did this as well. You put it in at a 90 degree angle then rotate it to normal position.
Sponsored