Sponsored

How do I get a loaner car while waiting for backordered parts to make my jeep safe to drive?

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Can you just post the parameters?
I went round and round with my case manager. All she’d tell me is “I’ll have to check my factory resources about reimbursement “

I asked plainly what normally gets approved and she would just tell me they will just have to look when I submit for reimbursement.

extremely frustrating to be told we ‘might’ reimburse you but never be told the rules
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I went round and round with my case manager. All she’d tell me is “I’ll have to check my factory resources about reimbursement “

I asked plainly what normally gets approved and she would just tell me they will just have to look when I submit for reimbursement.

extremely frustrating to be told we ‘might’ reimburse you but never be told the rules
Maybe they do this to make sure that folks that get reimbursed actually needed the rental vehicle. I have 4 vehicles and 2 drivers, so if I had to front the money I'd just drive one of mine instead. If they straight up offered a loaner or rental I'd take it, even though I don't particularly need it.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Maybe they do this to make sure that folks that get reimbursed actually needed the rental vehicle. I have 4 vehicles and 2 drivers, so if I had to front the money I'd just drive one of mine instead. If they straight up offered a loaner or rental I'd take it, even though I don't particularly need it.
Well they had my car for 36 days and we’re a 2 veh house with 2 drivers. A day here or there is easy, over a month was a b!tch. It took a lot of planning and several cancelled camp/wheeling trips. The latter made me the most mad, since it’s why I bought the Jeep

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What parts are you waiting on that you can’t get aftermarket?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Go Outside

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
What parts are you waiting on that you can’t get aftermarket?
Im not sure which component it is, but this is a warranty repair. I already dumped enough $ into aftermarket parts to fix Jeeps design flaw. The fact that the DOT hasnt addressed the problems with the steering on these just shows the power of the auto lobby.
The worst part is I borrowed a new Tacoma for a week and thought I was ready to trade up to a Gladiator before this happened.
Maybe its time for a Rivian and a generator. Lol
Where’s my damn CyberTruck Elon?!!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Im not sure which component it is, but this is a warranty repair. I already dumped enough $ into aftermarket parts to fix Jeeps design flaw. The fact that the DOT hasnt addressed the problems with the steering on these just shows the power of the auto lobby.
The worst part is I borrowed a new Tacoma for a week and thought I was ready to trade up to a Gladiator before this happened.
Maybe its time for a Rivian and a generator. Lol
Where’s my damn CyberTruck Elon?!!!
Oh so you’re not looking for solutions. Got it.

OP
OP
Go Outside

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Oh so you’re not looking for solutions. Got it.
Dont get your feelings hurt, but,… you might want to sit down for this, … I dont like your suggestion. It’s stupid.
Suggesting that buying aftermarket parts is the solution to a request for help getting a loaner car during a warranty repair, is stupid.
Following your stupid suggestion up with another suggestion, that anyone who doesn't like your idea, doesn't want any solution at all, is childish at best.
Please check your ego, before you post on any of my threads in the future.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Dont get your feelings hurt, but,… you might want to sit down for this, … I dont like your suggestion. It’s stupid.
Suggesting that buying aftermarket parts is the solution to a request for help getting a loaner car during a warranty repair, is stupid.
Following your stupid suggestion up with another suggestion, that anyone who doesn't like your idea, doesn't want any solution at all, is childish at best.
Please check your ego, before you post on any of my threads in the future.
Lol

You complain about the design and then you want Jeep to put the exact same parts right back on your Jeep.

So long as you post on a public forum you will get public opinions. Just lemon law the damn thing and buy a regular old SUV with IFS from a different brand.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
. . . not to mention that is totally stupid to put ANY parts on a lease.

G.

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Too late for this Jeep but if you lease/purchase another in the future try and have a loaner clause written in the agreement. Be reasonable though, maybe have a loaner provided for any warranty work that takes longer than a couple of days.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Im not sure which component it is, but this is a warranty repair. I already dumped enough $ into aftermarket parts to fix Jeeps design flaw.
I'm surprised that the dealer isn't suggesting that your aftermarket parts are to blame. It would be a fairly strong argument to deny warranty service if they are directed at the same issue ("Jeep design flaw").

OP
OP
Go Outside

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
The dealer did suggest that my Lower control arms were loose and to blame. They werent, so that didnt stick.
And yes, leasing was a stupid move. But, I had to have another Wrangler sooo emotion overrode logic and lease I did.
Sponsored