Sponsored

How do I get a loaner car while waiting for backordered parts to make my jeep safe to drive?

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
@JeepCares
I have a 2020 JLU with 24k milles.
Started the clunk in front end sound a few months ago. Then it started with death wobble, not bad at first.
Dealer checked and tightened lower ball joints.
The clunk noise improved but returned after 50 miles, although not as bad.
The death wobble got worse.
The dealer inspected and ordered parts, they are on backorder with no eta.
The death wobble has continued to worsen and the jeep is now unsafe at highway speeds.
How do I get a loaner?
I have one more year on the lease and it seems ridiculous to be making lease payments and not have a vehicle to drive.
Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Did you ask for one?

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Yes, From the dealer who said no.
Remember that when it's time to buy the next one.

I just had mine towed to the dealer last week. I got there before the Jeep did and they gave me a loaner without me asking for it... I left with the loaner before mine arrived. They had no openings until Dec 20th, but they got mine taken care of in a week... I didn't ask for anything... they offered.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
You need to visit a dealer that offers loaners. Not all of them do.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Completely up to each dealer. Sone offer loaners, some don’t. If you’ve got other dealers in your area try them. Jeep nor anyone else can make them give you a loaner.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller

I just had mine towed to the dealer last week. I got there before the Jeep did and they gave me a loaner without me asking for it... I left with the loaner before mine arrived. They had no openings until Dec 20th, but they got mine taken care of in a week... I didn't ask for anything... they offered.
Name them if it’s a good dealer!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares
Started the clunk in front end sound a few months ago. Then it started with death wobble, not bad at first.
The death wobble has continued to worsen and the jeep is now unsafe at highway speeds.
How do I get a loaner?
I have one more year on the lease and it seems ridiculous to be making lease payments and not have a vehicle to drive.

Thank you for tagging us.

To clarify, loaners are handled at the dealership level and based on availably. We see some of the other forum members were able to provide details on that as well. If they don't have any to offer during your services, you might look into a rental option. Those are obtained through a third-party. If you want to go that route and want to discuss the parameters, call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Call Jeep Cares, they gave me a rental when a loaner wasn't available

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

To clarify, loaners are handled at the dealership level and based on availably. We see some of the other forum members were able to provide details on that as well. If they don't have any to offer during your services, you might look into a rental option. Those are obtained through a third-party. If you want to go that route and want to discuss the parameters, call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Can you just post the parameters?

OP
OP
Go Outside

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
The dealer who services mine is fantastic, I have no complaints with them, in fact they have always gone above and beyond for me. They just don't have a loaner to give.
They returned my call a few hours ago with tons of help for who to contact to get a rental approved by chrysler.

OP
OP
Go Outside

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU

Kate
Jeep Cares
I tried calling the number you provided and the number the dealer provided. They both go to the same automated phone frustrater. Both calls ended after a few minutes on hold, with a satisfaction survey request and then a hang up.
To be clear, I tried calling twice, waded through the frustrating receptionbot, and then was asked to answer a survey about how I liked being hung up on.
Not great. That's how I feel about Jeep Cares right now.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Kate
Jeep Cares
I can confirm it's totally up to the dealer. Sometimes they have loaners, sometimes they've loaned them all out. I had to drop off my Jeep the day/night before so they could replace the left side catalitic converter, so it can cool off. I went before closing time, they were out, they showed me the list of customers who borrowed them due to repair. It's timing I guess.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
@JeepCares
How do I get a loaner?
most lease companies allow for 1 year early turn in where applicable. May be something to look into. Only way to possibly get a rental if your dealership has any available would be to drop it off with them and either go through Jeep cares or theJeep wave program. But still even if either entity was to be able to help assist you the responding dealer would have to have a loner available, which at this point in 2022 none do usually.

I hope you get your issues resolved quickly and get back to enjoying your Jeep, or a new one.
Sponsored