Sponsored

How do different colors hold up to the abuse of branches running along side of the Jeep?

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
I think it's already been said a few times

1. Get the color you want. It's a Jeep, pin stripes are fine.

2. I suspect the metallic colors hide pin strips the best (bias here, I love metallic paint). I've got the granite, and didn't even realize I have any until I was at the right angle. The plastic fenders show the pin stripping more.

3. Really not too hard to buff out.

4. Repeat of number 1. Get a color you like. If you don't like the color, you won't like your Jeep (as much) with or without pin stripping.
Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
Scratches are a badge of honor. A shiny, perfect paint job on a Jeep is like having a 5 point harness in a Smart Car. It’s “neat” but not necessary..... :)

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I am sorting out the specifics of our new 2 door Rubicon order that we are about to place. Conventional wisdom holds (or held) that White was the best color for a vehicle that was going to be off roaded as it is the best at hiding scratches. With today's improved paints is that still true? I want to wheel this new Jeep on occasion but still need it to clean up well, look good and be my daily driver. I don't plan on doing anything extreme with it, but I do expect some narrow trail riding and general off roading.

What is your thought on how different colors hold up to the abuse of branches running along side of the Jeep? I was all set on White until I saw on in Granite Crystal Metallic.....
Billet silver metallic on mine is looking good. Two years of ownership and there are a couple light scratches from some really big branches that took be by surprise. One year on the soft top and the rear windows are completely pin-stiped. So compared to the windows, the paint is holding up much better than I thought.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Billet Silver hides them the best. I have tons of scratches on my doors and you can only see them when the sun is hitting them at just the right angle, typically when it's starting to rise or just before it sets.

Sponsored

jasmeetbabra

First Name
Jango Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport S
I have the mojito green and it never looks dirty unless it has mud all over lol.
Hides imperfections greatly.

I took it offroad this past weekend and it hasnt been washed since early October. You cant even notice the dirt on it

IMG_5015.JPG

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Red here and pinstripes seem not to show at all.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
As you can see I have painted Mojito fenders, which Jeep added some clear film on back fenders. I also added more on top of rear fender as that is where the kid climb in the back with the roof off. I added some clear film on both of my doors jam where you step in...

This is my four Jeep and I have add all colors and you get scratches, that is jeeping. So this new JLR, I did ceramic coat myself and it helps keeping the fine line scratches down. This is where I got product direct. https://usa.gtechniq.com Had leftover and my Jeeping Buddy got a new JLUR and we did his Jeep. I do not wax and every 6 months or so, I use the spray C2 Liquid Crystal to add more life.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
Anything that goes into battle comes out with scares. My take is if I was concerned about the battle scares I would buy a Beemer and stay on the hard top. Jeeps are meant to go into battle, wear the scares with the pride in knowing your trusted rig is a Viking taking you headlong into the battle and bringing you back out.

Sponsored

Need4Speed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Anything that goes into battle comes out with scares. My take is if I was concerned about the battle scares I would buy a Beemer and stay on the hard top. Jeeps are meant to go into battle, wear the scares with the pride in knowing your trusted rig is a Viking taking you headlong into the battle and bringing you back out.
The only issue I have is that living in the Chicago area road salt will eat sheet metal quickly. If any scratches go to bare metal they need to be touched up before the first winter.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
The only issue I have is that living in the Chicago area road salt will eat sheet metal quickly. If any scratches go to bare metal they need to be touched up before the first winter.
I agree, bare metal is bad no mater where you are
Sponsored