Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Please give us an update when the changes have been made.
Will do, most of the work has been put off till parts arrive and I get back. Lift is done waiting till I decide tire wheel combo.

F6D6CEBB-F839-4A28-A4DB-14CEF5AEFD38.jpeg

1DFEE3EE-46EE-4333-A814-45B737A53931.jpeg
Sponsored

Mandalorian

First Name
MANDALORIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT
Clubs

I just put a spartan locker in the front on an M186. EASY install. Spiders out, this in, done. Because the JL as the front axle disconnect, the spartan does not engage when you are in 2WD at all. When you go offroad, pop into 4WD and whallah! You are lockered up. I've got a JL Sport with the rear M220 LSD as well. I put this spartan lunchbox in the front m186 and I was climbing stuff that there's no way I could have done before without bringing out the winch. At around $250 plus tax ... it is the bomb. There's all kinds of trash talk about lunchbox lockers ... but why do the Baja racers use them? Because they friggin don't break, they are awesome, and the 4WD shops can't make any money on them so they don't recommend them. If you are going to a D44 or D60 upfront, OK, get an elocker or air locker, but if you want to get around the trails and wheel on that M186, without spending thousands of bucks, a spartan locker will get you moving for the price of dinner and a movie.
Are you still running this setup? How is everything going? Looking at doing the same thing. I daily my vehicle and push it hard on the trails.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Are you still running this setup? How is everything going? Looking at doing the same thing. I daily my vehicle and push it hard on the trails.
I did this with the Torq locker instead of spartan. Easy install as well. I push my Jeep and drive it around town and on trips. It is perfectly fine.
Sponsored