Where did you get your JL?

• Total voters

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Im interested to see how members have purchased their new JL. Local dealership off the lot. Local dealership factory order, out of state / non-local dealership off the lot, or out of state / non-local dealership factory order.

What was your deciding factor?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
My first order was local, and had a pretty good,deal, but after My order was held up on restriction I reached out to Kim in Conway to see what she could do. It was significantly lower than my local dealership so I asked if they could match. They were unwilling to,move at all, so I canceled my order and placed a new one out of state. Even with the cost of a plane ticket, and gas coming home it is more than enough cheaper to fund new wheels and tires, or lift and few other things. Seemed like a win-win for me.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
I went with Kim also on 3/13. I was prepared to deal locally, but their follow-up was terrible. They lost a sale. Was the best deal I could find at 6% under invoice. Will be an 8 hour drive home. Locally, they were at about 3 under, and I may have done it just to save myself a whole day, but I guess they have enough business, lol.

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 1969 VW Beetle
Vehicle Showcase
I used Bitcoins.

Lol. Just kidding. I went to my local dealer and told him about other places doing the 5% under invoice and that I wanted to stay local if I could. He said they would match it and they wanted to keep my local business. Then when Sting Gray became available I ordered.

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I used Bitcoins.

Lol. Just kidding. I went to my local dealer and told him about other places doing the 5% under invoice and that I wanted to stay local if I could. He said they would match it and they wanted to keep my local business. Then when Sting Gray became available I ordered.
That’s awesome! I am a huge supporter of always doing business with a local company, and I always try to support the smaller family usiness when I can. Unfortunately with the new Rubicon, the best I could do locally was 2k more so I went to a non-local dealer.

So far I am surprised that no one that has responded has taken a Wrangler off the lot. I know there are some on the forums who did, but so far no one has responded. I am intrigued to see what the final breakdowns will be on off the lot vs order, and who was able to get a local dealership to deal.

Sponsored

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
That’s awesome! I am a huge supporter of always doing business with a local company, and I always try to support the smaller family usiness when I can. Unfortunately with the new Rubicon, the best I could do locally was 2k more so I went to a non-local dealer.

So far I am surprised that no one that has responded has taken a Wrangler off the lot. I know there are some on the forums who did, but so far no one has responded. I am intrigued to see what the final breakdowns will be on off the lot vs order, and who was able to get a local dealership to deal.
The fact is many dealers have only a couple of JLs, and I know in my area I'd have to drive a few hundred miles to find a rubi on the lot. Plus, the nice ones that do hit the lots, they want MSRP for. So generally, to get one off of the lot you have to add 5-10% to the price and get something you may not be 100% happy with. My local dealer gave me 5% under invoice no questions asked once I explained it like Joltes. A lot of people also want things that weren't available on lots yet like 2 door, Mojito, etc so they just custom ordered.

k9chita

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered today through a local dealership in Annapolis, MD. JLU Sahara, Auto Trans, LED Lighting, Cold Weather, Trailer Tow and HD Electrical, Electronic Infotainment System, All-Weather Floor Mats, Remote Proximity Keyless Entry, Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top. %5 below the invoice price. Let the waiting begin. Hopefully the premium top will not take to long.

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
Got mine off the lot, I had been waiting for a basic example to test drive. After cruising around for a bit and deciding that the base stereo, 7 inch screen, and cloth seats were all fine, I offered to purchase it that day if my numbers could be made to work. In the end I got several thousand above my expected trade in value as per CBB. To me it was the equivalent of paying invoice + $1000 CAD at most. I was going to have to travel pretty far and/or wait many months to do any better, as I live in a fairly remote area. There are only 2 JLs in the entire area and they belong to me and my neighbor.

It's a Firecracker Red Rubicon with Hard top, Auto, Steel bumpers, and of course LED lighting. Pretty basic, but I'm not to worried about it, I expect that I'll get another JL if there are any significant updates prior to the JM coming out (I had 3 different JKs). If I do it will be a factory order while there are manufacturer incentives available.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I'm not surprised few members here have purchased one off the lot. You get lower discounts, and dealers stock pretty narrow trims and options.. it's always automatic Saharas and Rubicon's with thousands in ticked options. When you order you get to be picky and get exactly what you want--which is good when Wranglers now cost THIS much.

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
I was lucky... Randomly did a search on Sunday. Found exactly what I was looking for on a dealer lot. Picking her up tomorrow. I was fully expecting to need to place a factory order. JLU Rubi - * Infotainment * Steel Bumper * Safety * LED * Cold Weather * Trailer/Tow * Cloth Seating * Manual Transmission * White

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cypher

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I was lucky... Randomly did a search on Sunday. Found exactly what I was looking for on a dealer lot. Picking her up tomorrow. I was fully expecting to need to place a factory order. JLU Rubi - * Infotainment * Steel Bumper * Safety * LED * Cold Weather * Trailer/Tow * Cloth Seating * Manual Transmission * White
Congratulations! I wish I could have done that.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I had cracked a rim on my 2015 Challenger back in early January. It was a lease, and it was due in may. I had been wanting a JL, but figured they’d be hard to get the first year.

When at the dealer (one of the highest volume Jeep dealers in mi) getting a new rim put on, the dealer had two JL’s on the lot that they got the day before. One was already sold (red rubicon, I’m fairly certain this one went to Artec) and a charcoal Sport S. If I were to have ordered a JL, this sport would have been it. Very impressed on the test drive. I wound up taking it home a few days later, and was told that other than that red rubicon that was sold to a buyer out of state, I was the first to take delivery in the region.

Just the right place at the right time.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
Your right, I would never anticipate a dealer would order that complete a configuration with a manual transmission. Great find and enjoy.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Off the lot (actually off the truck - it was in transit), out of state (VA). Wanted Sport S - manual, Tech Group, soft top in Granite. Only found 2 that fit that within 150 miles after doing a search. Both had LSD and 1 had premium soft top (I was fine with both options). I couldn't work a deal locally for them to trade with these dealerships so I contacted both dealers.

I told both I was ready to purchase and they provided quotes via email. The one with premium soft top came in about 3% below invoice and the other came in at 6% below invoice ($699 doc fee, 5 free wheel locks if comparing to Koons). Also, my family and I were traveling to VA that Sunday and only the one at 6% below was open on Sundays so it was a great fit all around. They even drove it to their other dealership 45 miles so I wouldn't have to drive as far to pick it up.

Getting only what I wanted in my top color choice with manual off the truck at that price before the price increases was remarkably lucky. Now waiting on Wed/Th for it to warm back up again and go topless.

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Off the lot (actually off the truck - it was in transit), out of state (VA). Wanted Sport S - manual, Tech Group, soft top in Granite. Only found 2 that fit that within 150 miles after doing a search. Both had LSD and 1 had premium soft top (I was fine with both options). I couldn't work a deal locally for them to trade with these dealerships so I contacted both dealers.

I told both I was ready to purchase and they provided quotes via email. The one with premium soft top came in about 3% below invoice and the other came in at 6% below invoice ($699 doc fee, 5 free wheel locks if comparing to Koons). Also, my family and I were traveling to VA that Sunday and only the one at 6% below was open on Sundays so it was a great fit all around. They even drove it to their other dealership 45 miles so I wouldn't have to drive as far to pick it up.

Getting only what I wanted in my top color choice with manual off the truck at that price before the price increases was remarkably lucky. Now waiting on Wed/Th for it to warm back up again and go topless.
I looked at one of those online (the one with the premium soft top)!

I decided to hold out for Sting-Gray and did a factory order.
Sponsored